News: The Residency

Good to see some more of, and new genres touching down on Radio 1 (y)

NOT CRISSY CRISS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(if you don't know what I mean, you've never heard On The Motorway have you... that show's gonna be a bloody wobblefest. What a waste of two hours, get Mampi Swift doing it!)

ffs. I'm sure he's a very nice boy and all that, but the last time I heard some of his tracks I started to think that those Skibadee vocal mixes aren't actually that bad all things considered.

xen said:
NOT CRISSY CRISS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(if you don't know what I mean, you've never heard On The Motorway have you... that show's gonna be a bloody wobblefest. What a waste of two hours, get Mampi Swift doing it!)

havnt u hearcd?? 'wobble' is 'in' this season!

:oscar:

i would like to see Bukem with a residency please! thankyou!

its all about appealing to demographics tho innit!

I can't think of anyone else under the age of 18 with a step-father in the industry that would be better at representing d&b on the radio.

ihurtchildren said:
I can't think of anyone else under the age of 18 with a step-father in the industry that would be better at representing d&b on the radio.

Let me elucidate...

If he's given GOOD records to play, and he is "helped" to choose his tracks (read: kenny ken tells him what to mix in his shows and hands him the decent tracks, or crissy criss suddenly develops a more refined taste in his dnb) then I'll listen.

I hope that he doesn't think that just because the BBC studios have huge bassbins and finely-tuned speaker systems installed, any wobbly stuff he plays will sound good (well, as good as it can be really) on peoples' little radios at home. If he has a wide, varied style which encompasses all the flavours of dnb, and he doesn't have some kind of stupid badboy or elitist attitude when he actually presents inbetween the tracks, then that's absolutely fine by me. I've not heard him mix, but he better be good, cause the radio hides NOTHING if you aren't very good. I can only judge him on the previous productions I've heard from him, and imvho they sounded utter pants. loop-based repeating-four-bar tracks that didn't have any progression or balance of elements if you look at them from a music tech standpoint. Wobble that not even Almost as bad as that vacuum-cleaner-sample one by JB and Spice. Urgh.

So yes, I have a few opinions on this boy ;) But you're only as good as your last release aren't you... If Mr. Criss (ffs, it's spelt with an H, I should know cause it's my name) would care to appear on this forum and maturely allay my fears, then that's fine. I just hate to think that I'd tune into Radio 1, and representing my all-time favourite genre of music is some guy who plays the worst selection of music from across the board and has a really stupid attitude.

All that said, he could be a sound lad who is a really good DJ and chooses the best tracks - if so, I'll say nothing but good things about his show. It's just that I have such high expectations for this flagship show (and it is flagship isn't it, it's FM so the whole country can already listen without having to spend more money on a digital tuner or go on the Internet) that I have these worries that somebody who seems to have an interest primarily in the subgenre of drum 'n bass that I loathe and detest the most is going to be presenting it. I hope my fears are unfounded.

too right, in my opinion crissy criss's last release was absolute wank! :missile:

it made me ashamed that i like drum n bass!

i cant believe that out of all the dj's they chose him...... i mean lets get sum proper new badbwoy djs rinsin out, eg: spor, noisia etc! radio 1 wot ave u done! :hotpants:

Spor.... A much better choice. Mr. Spor woulda been a much better choice - I guess it comes down to "can the person actually make it to the studios every week", and Mr. Criss obviously had nothing better to do ;)

I hope they're not paying him. That WOULD be the last straw. :D :D :D :D

xen said:
Spor.... A much better choice. Mr. Spor woulda been a much better choice - I guess it comes down to "can the person actually make it to the studios every week", and Mr. Criss obviously had nothing better to do ;)

I hope they're not paying him. That WOULD be the last straw. :D :D :D :D

:slayer::slayer:SPOR:slayer::slayer:

Back
Top Bottom