Newquay

DJshiver

Hi all Im from bucks near london but am moving down to newquay next month n probaly 4 good and just wanna know what the drum n bass scene is like down there n not just in the summer, any help would b good as i dj aswell n mite try n get a regular slot in one of the clubs down there if i can. any help much appreciated!!!

Yo, I live in Penzance, which is right down the bottom of Cornwall...

Newquay seems to have a few DnB nights, I know there's a regular one at Red Square, but I rarely go out in Newquay, so I can't really say much about it... Me and a couple of mates run our own local music & arts project, we ocassionally put on clubnights in Penzance and we hold regular freeparties if you're interested... Check out our Spazspace- http://www.myspace.com/jericho_pz

What kind of DnB do you mix?

^ yew boy i live in penzance too, who are you?

Audio pressure boys usually have their nights at L2 in truro, Kasbar has sessions every now n then, Red square. Just keep your ears open.

^ yew boy i live in penzance too, who are you?

Audio pressure boys usually have their nights at L2 in truro, Kasbar has sessions every now n then, Red square. Just keep your ears open.

Wicked! I'm Barnaby... What's your name??

Didn't realise The Kasbar played DnB... Thought they keep it really ambient in there... Haven't actually been in, need to check it out.

Ahh yew. im butter, most people know me as anyways. im sure you ran into my mrs last night in studio bar, shanti.

Just got back from a holiday in Newquay!
It was pretty awesome :D
Didn't see any Dnb clubs specifically, but i know the Barracuda club had Dnb nights !

As far as I know Mastervibe is still based in Newquay and runs regular DnB nights at the Koola Club (near to Red Square)

Hope that helps!

Hi all Im from bucks near london but am moving down to newquay next month n probaly 4 good and just wanna know what the drum n bass scene is like down there n not just in the summer, any help would b good as i dj aswell n mite try n get a regular slot in one of the clubs down there if i can. any help much appreciated!!!

yeh its ok... was down their this weekend playing at a little event.... was pretty good....

The further into Cornwall you go it seems d'n'b doesnt exist..... haha... althought the squat rave scene down their seems pretty decent....

The further into Cornwall you go it seems d'n'b doesnt exist..... haha... althought the squat rave scene down their seems pretty decent....

Yeah, the DnB scene isn't that amazing here... It's alright if you're into jump-up, but there's no appreciation for the dark side! :|

The freeparties are definitly where it's at! :inlove:

I'm in NQ at the moment on a little break and am thinking of moving down here from manchester over the next few months and was asking the locals the same questions. I'm gonna see whats going on over the weekend but nobody seems to really buzz about dnb down here! 'cry'

Newquay is dead once the season ends, knew a guy that moved there from Brum, hated the place! Fuck all dnb, well mainstream the stuff they do get. Wouldn't hold up massive hopes mate

theres one dnb crew in newquay - Code red - who still run there dnb nights at red sqaure but mastervibe has moved abroad now and dj Re-defeat now runs the night, dnb isnt that big in newquay as hazdaman said most clubs jus play commercial shit but Code red only kno dnb, every saturday 10 - 4, august the 4th there is a random concept night at the koola bar in newquay where fabio is the headliner, newquay in the winter is like marmite.. if this makes no sense i have jus woke up from a heavy night out in red sqaure wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Back
Top Bottom