Newest track called Wake up! Get up!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by MC_Abyss, Dec 21, 2012.

1. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

This is my newest track I think its finnished but for those who don't know, I'm mixing with headphones. So if anyone could give me feedback on the levels in there monitors that would be great its a 170 bpm dnb track, and its my longest progressive buildup I've made yet. Still building a technique for it its not one of my strong suits lol anyways here is the track
    Enjoy!

2. ShirPan

ShirPan Member

i dig the intro-synth and i see where you wanna go with the tune. drums need loads of work imo, too quiet overall. kick needs punch, maybe a shortened release. those hats dont work for me at all, give them a bit more low-end, and create a rhythm that fits more into the beat. maybe better samples for the drums would improve also. snare sounds a bit dull. id also change the beat pattern, right now it sounds like somebody is just constantly hittin some drumpads or smth. the rest of the tune is quiet nice for me, i think with better drums the tune would gain much more strength for sure, synths sound quite clear, maybe some delays or reverbs on the melodic stabs would do. not a bad tune at all, but the drums are kinda destroying it for me. hope that helps a bit. cheers mate, keep at it!

3. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Thanks for advice I will admit that I wasn't a big fan of the drums, or somthing but couldn't put my finger on it. Do you know were I could get better drum samples. I've added envalopes to those drums to tighten them up, and the kick on all of my systems was way over powering so I lowed the volume, but if u think it needs to go back up, and lower the reliese time I try it. Thanks

4. ShirPan

ShirPan Member

5. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

What program are using? I might be able to send you some better drum samples if I can figure it out. Also get some speakers they don't have to be professional monitors or large or even loud. You just got get some of the mix in speakers. Switching from speakers to head phones I can tell why you mix the way you do. Believe me you don't even need the volume up that loud to get a better mix and it might even help mixing at a low level.
    Hit me up for some better drum samples you might have to walk me through the tech process because believe it or not I suck with computers.