ToxicSpear

Learning...
Hi!

Im a total DnB noob :S
I can a bit FL, but thts only Trance.
I have watched two vids @ youtube about DnB, but i cant figure out howto do it :S

Any hellp?? some basick f.x.

Special things i needs help with:

Automation tracks

Nice drumkits 4 download

basics, im stuck :(

Basicly the fundementals! 175 bpm-180bpm(ish).

0..........|..........1.........|..........2
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
K....S.......K S....K....S.......K S....
...H....H.H.......H...H....H.H.......H.

K - Kick
S - Snare
H - Hi-hat

Add some bass notes to it and you're basicly on your way to making dnb.
hope that helped.

Last edited:
Thanks, ive always used Fruity Slicer and another one i remixed, but didnt go too well...

Any idea how to get a melody, or a nice sytrus to use 4 melody?

Is piano good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc803Fyo5XQ

Watch this video, couz it really helped me in the beginnin'. Was the first video i watched when i wanted to start creating drum and bass. Just browse utube for vids with tags like "Fl dnb tutorial", or just watch vids of other songs, where they record a video of project and watch how stuff is arranged..
You cant learn everything in a few days, shit takes time :D :)

If it sounds good, it is good man. There's no special rules in having a melody in dnb, it's just like any music. If you have a trance background, try to infuse those melodies with your drum'n'bass production to make your way into it via something youre already familiar with. I started making dnb from a metal/industrial standpoint and the first few years I made some crazy metal jungle with all the distorted guitars and shit... it was wack i know now but an easy introduction to drum'n'bass. Besides modern d'n'b is very little restricted, you have your jazzy tunes to chill with, the clowstep to jump up and down to in a club, the twisted and dark rippers that tear your brains out, you got laidback dub infused tracks, the cheesy female vocal tunes, trance'n'bass to play when the lasers and glowsticks are flying around.... fuck man, if it's broken beats and if it's fast, it will usually be called this "drum'n'bass".

sometimes you can get wicked effects if you add a delay effect on the hi hats aswell.

if made some wicked shuffles doin that recently.

Back
Top Bottom