Newbie to Drum & Bass - recommendations?

spikesebrog363

Hello all,

I've been wanting to get into drum & bass for a while, ever since i first started hearing it and loving it years ago, but I've never known where to start from. I tend to (unfortunately) have pretty specific tastes but I'm not completely sure what they are in terms of drum & bass. I was hoping for a few recommendations on good places to start, a list of artists to check out or something. I do know that I am interested in a few specific things but I'm quite happy to check anything good out. Specifically I tend to like slightly darker electronic music, and with drum & bass I love some of the chilled out stuff with pianos, flutes etc, some of that stuff can be awesome to listen to or just to have as background music. Can anyone help out?
Thanks heaps

calyx and teebee for propper grimey moving basslines.
have a look at D Kay aswell...tell us what you think zen we can ellaborate

Try anything from the record label Hospital if you like stuff with flutes and pianos and similar vibes.

Specifically - London Elektricity, High Contrast, Nu:Tone, Mistabishi, Logistics, Danny Byrd.

Also try listening to the group EZ Rollers.

Well sounds like we need to recommend you some different sub genres so you can pick what you feel is the best..

Allow me to represent jumpup!! ;)

hazard
original sin
Pleasure
pa
callide
high roller
taxman
spekky
majistrate

the list goes on forever, but theres a few!

Here is a jump up set from myself aswell..

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=55731&highlight=e.s.r

Hope you like..

Bigup yourself!

good place to start is listenin to radio shows, crissy criss (midnight tonight) and bailey on 1xtra, hype also does a show on kiss. listen to top ten shows, dnb arena does a top ten have a look at that

Back
Top Bottom