Newbie to DnB

Black Orchid

Photographer
Greetings! I'm new to DnB and to this site. Since the beginning of this year, every Fridays, I've been going to a DnB club in Irvine, CA called UPGRADE. I can honestly say I've enjoyed the music, the people, and the atmostphere.

Anyhow, I don't know which DJ's and MC's are good, so any suggestions on who I should look out for would be much appreciated. THANKS!!

Oh yea...I almost forgot to mention. I'm a photographer and I took some pictures of certain DnB events this year. Is there an area on this site where I can maybe post some pictures of these events?

Here's one from April 25, 2008 when Reid Speed was spinning at UPGRADE:
2447616309_2db2861f91.jpg

to answer which people make good DnB: Spor, State of Mind, Wickaman, Noisia and Dillinja are good ones. For Dj's : Andy C and DJ Hype.

Welcome to the forums btw! :D

to answer which people make good DnB: Spor, State of Mind, Wickaman, Noisia and Dillinja are good ones. For Dj's : Andy C and DJ Hype.

Welcome to the forums btw! :D

ok.... all the producers expept for Dillinja..... if you want to listen to the same drum kit it every damn tune then go ahead! hahaha....

DJs...... id agree with Andy C..... but not Hype.....

Go for..... Black Sun Empire, The Mutant DJs, Logan D, Ruff-Stuff, Telemetrik, Pleasure, DJ Noize, SLB..... the list goes on.... check these out..... if you like any PM and ill suggest some more similar ones.....

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!

(anyone spot the shameless self promotion!!... oh how i love it! hahahaha)

Greetings! I'm new to DnB and to this site. Since the beginning of this year, every Fridays, I've been going to a DnB club in Irvine, CA called UPGRADE. I can honestly say I've enjoyed the music, the people, and the atmostphere.

Anyhow, I don't know which DJ's and MC's are good, so any suggestions on who I should look out for would be much appreciated. THANKS!!

Oh yea...I almost forgot to mention. I'm a photographer and I took some pictures of certain DnB events this year. Is there an area on this site where I can maybe post some pictures of these events?

Here's one from April 25, 2008 when Reid Speed was spinning at UPGRADE:
2447616309_2db2861f91.jpg

if your new to dnb then you might want a history lesson!!
give this a try
http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=52334
pz,mist

Most of the producers mentioned have been quite dark. They're amazing, but dark and harsh.

As your just starting, I'd reccomend High Contrast, Brookes Brothers, Culture Shock, Chase & Status etc. They're all extremely talented and make real D&B but with more melodic elements. Its not a case of in time growing out of these, they're proper drum&bass, its just soon you'll find you love the dark side too.

Unless im talking shit and you're already loving Spor and Counterstrike!

Thanks! I just listened to High Contrast the other day. I'm diggin them.

hmm...the dark side eh? hehe ok I'll take your word for it. :)

Thank you to all :D It's really nice to see so many friendly people here.

Most of the producers mentioned have been quite dark. They're amazing, but dark and harsh.

As your just starting, I'd reccomend High Contrast, Brookes Brothers, Culture Shock, Chase & Status etc. They're all extremely talented and make real D&B but with more melodic elements. Its not a case of in time growing out of these, they're proper drum&bass, its just soon you'll find you love the dark side too.

Unless im talking shit and you're already loving Spor and Counterstrike!

Last edited:
i agree with RockSteady UK

Dillinja is to samee.

gor for heavy shit, some of the upcoming mixes on this site are fuckin sick!

im listening to Jump Up August 08 by Castel right now and its phat as fuck,

so yeh, search around and see what you like...

[Hedfone]http://dnbforum.com/images/smilies/new_laugh.gif

may i add my two cents?..can't forget calibre, zero tolerance, atlantic connection (U.s. producer, i might add, it's an 'international sound' now!..lol)..or for the jump-up, luvin' soulpride these days as well as tantrum desire & ego trippin'...this stuff may be a bit harsh for a newbie, but...haha e-z all. big up

ok.... all the producers expept for Dillinja..... if you want to listen to the same drum kit it every damn tune then go ahead! hahaha....

DJs...... id agree with Andy C..... but not Hype.....

Go for..... Black Sun Empire, The Mutant DJs, Logan D, Ruff-Stuff, Telemetrik, Pleasure, DJ Noize, SLB..... the list goes on.... check these out..... if you like any PM and ill suggest some more similar ones.....

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!

(anyone spot the shameless self promotion!!... oh how i love it! hahahaha)

Hmm, well DJ Hypes DnB Essentials was what I was going at. The rest is so-so. Youtube and cum yourself.

Back
Top Bottom