Newbie Post, need help identifying a white label

Five5Six

Hallo everyone, I hate to this to be my first post, but...

I received a white label album a while back, with only a number written on the white of the table, #12 and no idea what the song could be. I picked the disk up back in about 1999 at Record Time here in detroit in the Used bin and it became a staple of my college-days sets. (I also have a few other white labels as well, but I was able to identify almost all of those)

Now, not knowing what the song was called wasn't a big deal, that is until last week. I just got my decks and vinyl back and I found that the disk is nearly unplayable from being scratched up. However, I still have a mp3 of it here, but I never was able to name it.

Can anyone help me out and identify this tune? I know this maybe a complete crap shoot, that even if it's identified, picking up another vinyl of it may be impossible.

Thanks in advance.

(Just in case the UL didn't work)
http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/djshiver/WhiteLabel.mp3

Last edited:
freeagent said:
Look at the cat. no on the inner rim then go to:

http://tarzan.spoox.org/

Thank you for the link, it'll help me identify whats on other white labels I have.

However, the cat has been scratched out on the disk for some f-ing reason. I guess someone was real paranoid about someone biting their set.

I've never seen a plate that didn't have some form of identifying mark on the blank space as Freeagent suggests. Hold the record up to the light and move it around, you should see some form of text. they can be very finely engraved so check carefully.

inf0r said:
I've never seen a plate that didn't have some form of identifying mark on the blank space as Freeagent suggests. Hold the record up to the light and move it around, you should see some form of text. they can be very finely engraved so check carefully.

I wish I had a digital Camera so I could show you what happened to this disk. Who ever had the disk before me, put X and 8's over the cat #'s! I think that's why it was 3 dollars for a 12 inch in the used bin.

Five5Six said:
I wish I had a digital Camera so I could show you what happened to this disk. Who ever had the disk before me, put X and 8's over the cat #'s! I think that's why it was 3 dollars for a 12 inch in the used bin.

Have you thought about going to a local record shop & taking the record with you. Then you can play it to the guys behind the counter & they'll be able to hook you up with a track name if they know there D&B.

DJ Fatal said:
^^^that ent good, dusnt show much stuff up at all. infact, i just typed in normal releases to c if it had em and it dusnt. :|

please explain what you were looking for and how you did it... might be a bit too fast saying the site ain't good..

Last edited:
tarzan said:
please explain what you were looking for and how you did it... might be a bit too fast saying the site ain't good..
Tarzan is heavy man, works every time for me.

Say Tarzan, you on AIM? Perhaps we could have a chat about some ideas I had.

DJ Fatal said:
that ent good, dusnt show much stuff up at all. infact, i just typed in normal releases to c if it had em and it dusnt. :|

you are a m***n? :flowers: its by far the best place on the web to search for any back-catalogue.. u must have made sum typo.

:uberlaugh

Yeah yeah I heard this tune some rinsed it out here in th UK a few years back and I'm damn sure I heard it in an Aphrodite set to.

I pretty sure the choon has the title of some boat innit god i wanted this track too damn man!!!

Eclipse: Yeah, someone else said it sounded like a remix of an Aphrodite song, but I can't get any sort of confirmation, since I have heard the original it's supposed to be from.

DJ Fatal said:

actually i was just hyper-emotional back there :teeth: i just dont remember the day when tarzan has let me down and i havent gotten the info that i needed...

Respect Tarzan-Cru!

Back
Top Bottom