Drum & Bass Newbie 1st attempt

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by SparkzMusic, Sep 24, 2016.

1. SparkzMusic

SparkzMusic New Member

So, to introduce myself I first started with production around 15 years ago. I have focused on making UK hardcore mostly in that time but more recently have felt like swapping genre's and producing something else. I am hoping to become an active member here but still relatively new to this sort of scene.

Regarding this track specifically. Years ago I was sent an original vocal to do a hardcore version for part of an EP release. My hard drive died though and my version and the vocals were lost.

Recently I started speaking to someone involved with that project again, who sent me the vocals.

I started doing the new version as I left off... a hardcore version... but half way through it decided on something different. I experimented a bit with a dnb sort of sound (creating a custom break and popping in some other bits that sounded right) and it seemed to fit. So this is the clip. I am a newbie to making this style so this is pretty much a first attempt and any feedback would be appreciated.

I have muted the vocals for this clip, mainly because I want to get the version finished first, send it to the person who had the vocals sung and see what they want to do with it.

thanks

2. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

hi sam, thanks for sharing your track. we seem to have a bit of same history in music making .. and slightly also in style.
    really like your track happy hardcore & dnb = yeah :D love the chords & melody in this track, also selection of sounds is spot of this kind of music.
    overall master sounds all in line imo, would be eager to hear the track with vocals on ... good work! :2thumbs:

3. Soul Of Seun

Soul Of Seun New Member

Can tell you were really into hardcore. The drums could use a bit more punch as they are the main focus in this genre...usually. But I mean, nice attempt.

4. SparkzMusic

SparkzMusic New Member

Thank you both. Appreciated.

Haha, hopefully it will be a thing from now on. Just need to keep learning. I did upload the added vocal version in the end.

Vocals were sung by UK/Happy Hardcore legendary vocalist Lisa Abott. The person that has them sung said it was ok to post the clip with them

Really hoping to learn and keep updating it to get it exactly in line