New young producer

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Benzzz, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Benzzz

Benzzz Benz

Evening everyone,

I'm pretty new to production and I'm currently making drum n bass as a little hobby. I'm only 15, coming 16 this month and I'm looking to make my sound better, make improvements etc. would be great if you guys can share your ideas and advice on how I can improve. I'm young and I'm willing to listen to criticism :) In the future I hope to become a much better producer as I'm looking to study music technology in college, and hopefully get my name out there.

http://soundcloud.com/user4298858

I go by the name of Benz, and thanks in a advance :)

2. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Ok I listen to all your songs.

You have some good ideas rolling thru your head. The first thing about producing is getting the mix right. Alot of your volumes are way to loud. This creates an undesirable distortion. 2nd thing is some of your songs are out of key. Convince your parents to get you piano lesson. If you start now by the time your in college you will have a good grasp on music theory. If you work on both of these things every day by the time your twenty two you will most likely be as good as any professional producer out there.

3. Benzzz

Benzzz Benz

Ahh cool, I'll get working on the mixing side of my tunes. I asked a professional DJ who Is pretty big in the game on what he thought he said I need to use cubase and hook it up with my reason and use the mixing software on that to make it better because reasons isn't the best..

4. bansal321

bansal321 Member

well it all depends on what software you're used to. I use logic solely on its own, i have reason and have used cubase in the past, but im more comfortable with logic. a little tip is watch a lot of youtube videos to get your technique down, also this website helped me out a lot..... http://audio.tutsplus.com/ hope that helps

5. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

let the grooming begin :teeth:

6. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

yeah you have the ideas going, but need to get the mixdowns worked out definatly, you can still mix-down tracks in reason this just means getting all the volumes right and EQing everything to sit together nicely, first turn everything down so nothing is clipping

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  7. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

15? it says 20 in your avatar........hmm....whats that smell?

8. Benzzz

Benzzz Benz

Yeah its only cause I was signing up quickly, why is that such a problem anyway, I'm telling u the truth about my age up above so don't start with the nonsense. Not here for that mate.

9. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Whoa, wind ya neck in fella and chill the fuck out......if you cant take a little light hearted banter then trust me, this forum is not the place for you.

10. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Really nice House tunes mate, really feeling the eurotrance vibes, especially on the more Housier tunes.

You make anything that isn't House mate?

11. Eleboon

Eleboon New Member

Pretty nice ideas here. First thing that popped in my head was the volume. Distortion everwhere , but you can fix that easly with the mixdown, like most of the other people said.

12. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

i like the gobbler track, although as said already, mixdown needs work, ur headin in the right direction, keep at it! creativly that track is pretty cool

an yeah, gotta b able to take the banter on this place, dont take it personal, or u'll get ripped to shreds....i see moskit is already eyeing u up haha but take it all as fun n u'll have a laugh, n theres plenty to learn from the producers on here

13. Benzzz

Benzzz Benz

Yeah mate fair enough :)

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

One other thing is, Im using Reason 5 and people are saying the EQ'ing side of reason isnt the best. they keep recommending me to buy Cubase/Logic/Ableton.. which one should iget for the EQ'ing side..?

14. Benzzz

Benzzz Benz

Nah man just dnb

15. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

Reason eq is crap compared with ableton and logic, never used cubase so can't compare with that but they still do the job. Best thing to do is stop worrying about what daw and eq to use and just learn as much as you can about production and synthesis. I write all my tunes in reason and have mates signed to labels that are just writing with reason as well. Its all about the sounds you make not what you make em in :)

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

If ya wanna check out some my tunes got to http://soundcloud.com/djrezonate