New Years Resolutions

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Borf™, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

We all make them. We usually break them. This year I'm sticking to mine. This last year has shown me exactly how strong I can be, so I'm applying that self belief to a lot of shit this year....

Carry on the hard work I've put into losing weight and bulding muscle. More than just carry it on, but get even stricter and take it up a notch. No drink until my birthday on the 30th of this month is one thing I've decided on for a start. Need to get really strict on my diet and gym routine too. I started off strict, then I let things creep in. No more of that shit though.

Write lyrics more often and hopefully get an EP or two out this year. Would love to do a show too.

Learn to play guitar. Been meaning to do it for years but get busy with stuff. Going to make sure I dedicate time to doing it.

Learn to drive and get a car.

Not going to work too hard on this one, but would be nice if a progression in my career were to happen. I need it to in the next 2 or 3 years. But I'm happy with the job I have now, so while I work some personal stuff out, stability in my job is good at the moment while I focus on other life shit.

I have a pretty huge decision to make pretty soon. Been playing with me too much the past few months, getting very emotionally involved in something I have no clue of the outcome. It needs to come to a head in some way or another soon. Not even sure how I want it to play out. I need to make sure it doesn't shift my focus from the above things too.

2. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

Alright man, good luck with your resolutions, I myself actually have none, not because I have nothing to better because I'm basically a shitty irresponsible person in general but just because I refuse to better myself since I find that I'm doing al right as it goes at the moment, I'm a pretty happy person and I'm seldom worried and stress is not in my dictionary.

3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

we share a burfday! i managed to achieve my new years resolution for 2012, got my total number of birds slept with into double figures (y) (good resolution imo)

no resolution for me this year, just continuing to try and better myself really... eat better, exercise more, sleep more (to old for this shit) and further my career

4. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

yh.. ive got none.

^^^

these resolutions...

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  5. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Good resolutions man. Good to see people who know what they need to do and plan to do it.

For me, im going to start getting my head into production and not upload anything until its 100% finished.

Also, ive spent the last 3/4 months trying to put on some "base muscle" so i feel more comfortable when i do decide to join the gym. Thats gone pretty well, managed to bulk up a bit through changing my diet, eating 5 meals a day + protein and working out at home (housemate has bench press, free weights, pull up bar etc). Now i think i might be getting to the point where i feel comfortable enough to join a gym and really start doing it properly.

I also want to take all opportunities that come my way. In 2012 i turned down at least 5 offers to play out/play on radio etc, purely because of lack of confidence. But fuck it, this year im going for it.

Ive also decided i surround myself with too many "why" people, time to start surrounding myself with "why not" people. All the people who constantly turn down invites, all the boring people who are never up for anything etc can get fucked. Had enough.

6. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

Id like to think I could join a gym or least buy some weights but its not gonna happen

So, gonna get myself a target of passing at least 2 Cisco exams before the end of the year.

7. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Get yourself a pull up bar, creatine and protein. All you need to start with tbh. Everything else can be done with stuff you have in your house. Like weighted bench dips using the side of a bed. Or diamond pushups etc.

8. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

I'm gonna win the euromillions

9. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Man, fuck the other people in the gym. I joined 3 months ago and was massively overweight (17.5 stone of fat) and weak as fuck, couldn't bench 20kg (just the bar haha) for 15 reps. But I kept going, ignored everyone else and got on with it. I've since lost 2 stone whilst bulding muscle, so fat loss is more than 2 stone. I can now also bench 60kg for 15 reps over 4 sets quite easily. Everyone has to start somewhere. So fuck what others in the gym might think. I've even had compliments from people who've been there and noticed the difference. Join one man. I got some shit at home for when I really can't make the gym, but I'm so much more focused and driven in the gym than at home. I know I get a much better work out.

I quite smoking like 4 months ago too, so the combination of both has made me feel 100 times better. I was fat and hugely unfit. It's early on, but I'm getting stronger, faster and in much better shape. So really going to take that and times it by 2 this year and get into a really good shape.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  10. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

smoke more
    poke more drugs up my nose
    get fat
    drink daily
    spunk money away needlessly
    fuck bitches
    partyhard.jpg

edit: on a serious note, get some decent tunes made.

11. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

If you tend to eat a lot you probably don´t need protein.

If you want to grow muscles you can´t avoid weights.

12. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

I weigh less than a pillow, gaining weight is the hardest bit :teeth:

13. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Depends what you eat. If you eat a lot of food with protein in you don't need more. But protein shakes, especially if mixed with water can be very helpful after a gym session to repair muscles as quick as possible. very helpful if you have back to back days or a brutal routine that week.

I stick to whey protein, only after a workout. So have 4 shakes a week. I'm trying to drop weight, so don't need anymore than just a post workout shake.

Look into shakes with more than protein in then. There's some that have a lot of shit for weight gaining. 1,000 calorie shakes an so forth lol. Need to make sure you use it as well as working out though, otherwise you'll just get fat obviously. Don't gain weight then turn to muscle, it doesn't work that way. Needs to be done at the same time.

14. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

If your serious about trying to put on muscle then protein supplements work out so much cheaper than buying like 20 kilo's of chicken a week =P.

I know you cant avoid weights, im not sure what your trying to tell me :/. But using your own body weight is a good way to start. Eg, if you can do 10 reps on the pullup bar easily, stick a bag on your back with some heavy books or something until you can only just about do 10. Then keep adding more.

My point in my previous post was you dont need to shell out a load of money to get fit or get muscle.

Im using my housemates ridiculously expensive equipment that he doesnt use anymore though :D.

And Harry, i was in the same boat, but i managed to put on a stone in almost a month. Lots of protein, carbs and decent fats (like peanuts etc) have helped me loads. Can barely see my ribs anymore haha.

I still only weigh like 9.5st though :(. Hoping to get to 10st by end of feb.

Creatine is sick by the way. Increases number of reps your able to push out, halves recovery time, and also pulls water into the muscle which does make them look a little fuller. Its also only like 15 quid for a kilo, and you only need like 5g a day.

15. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

9.5? So you weighed 8.5? Fuck me, I weighed over double that haha. I was at 17.5 stone 3 months ago.

Pull ups in general are the best thing you can do for lats. Even bodybuilders continue to do pull ups (wide grip, not close grip chin ups) when they're hench and benching 200kg.

16. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Yep. Weighed absolutely nothing mate.

My mate was able to bench me last year haha.

Pull ups are sick, especially if you got a decent bar so you can get a lot of different positions. I got this one for like £15, its so good.

http://0187075.netsolhost.com/new/images/blogpix/October272008_CD20/chinbar_thumb.jpg

Wide grip pullups are intense. Cant do any more than like 4-5. Which is better than before i started taking creatine. Before i started on the creatine i could only do like 1-2 haha.

17. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

By the way, 25% off everything on MyProtein for today only. Code FUEL2013.
    Highly recomend Impact Whey Protein in cookies and cream flavour (only decent protein shake flavour imo, rest tastes vile).

In case anyone was serious about 2013 resolutions ;D lol.

18. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

anyone got a good 'home workout ' body building plan ??

i have a bench, free weights, pull up bar, ez curl bar, blah blah ...

just not sure what exercises i should be doing !!

anyone got a decent home gym workout plan?? .. googles abit conflicting .. surely one of you have a link..

also.. well done brof for loosing all that weight and focusing ure mind on the goal :)

19. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

S´all good :)

20. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Yeah, was in the same boat, started talking to a few people at work who are big into building muscle.

You gotta figure out what you wanna accomplish first. Arms, chest? etc. Do you need to bulk up or lose weight?

(By the way i can only pass on advice ive been given by pals, (good advice none the less) i dont pretend to be any authority on the subject, after all, i still weigh less than 10 stone lol).