New work in progress (Drum and Bass)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Simply D., Dec 24, 2010.

1. Simply D.

Simply D. Polysonic

Hey all.

So Here's my most recent wip. I've worked on it for maybe a total of 16 hours spread out over about 2 weeks.

Let me know what you think, be brutally honest, pretend i have no feelings ^_^

*DISCLAIMER*
    This was made using really shitty headphones so some levels may, or may not be correct.

2. loudnoizes

loudnoizes New Member

ok heres some crit

the kickdrum needs to be more powerful and maybe use a different sample for it, same goes for the snare.
    your bass is lacking in substance or movement try to put in a few different patterns or sounds to make it more interesing (possibly a sub and a mid)
    the drop could use some kick hits or something to spice it up

other than that nice one

3. marcelkennard

marcelkennard Storms comin in Annie

Not, bad, you can tell its been made on shitty headphones though, if you want to make the tune actually sound wicked its gonna have to be made using really good headphones or monitors

4. Simply D.

Simply D. Polysonic

ya i had some cheapo monitors but they broke so now all i have is really shitty phones.

any idea where i could get some decent kick samples? i have quite a few snares so i can just pick another sample, but i have no kicks.

thanks for the feedback guys, i really appreciate it.

if you cant tell, im kinda new to the game.

@loudnoizes: lol you should hear how it sounds on my headphones. it sounds much fuller than it actually is.