New WOBBLETUNE from Symmethree

technicaly it isnt bad.... but I dont enjoy it in any way.Jump Up should be dark,fast,with fat wobble and extra low and punchy sub bass... this is like journey into mind of bee that is A. Heavily dosed with alcohol and PCP and acid B. bored to death no offense,in some way its better than anything I ever made but composition,sub bass,wobble,bassline flow and whole sound is very very bad... it have no energy,I cant dance to it and thats why dnb was invented,to make thousand of people jump in ecstasy like there no tomorrow

technicaly it isnt bad.... but I dont enjoy it in any way.Jump Up should be dark,fast,with fat wobble and extra low and punchy sub bass... this is like journey into mind of bee that is A. Heavily dosed with alcohol and PCP and acid B. bored to death no offense,in some way its better than anything I ever made but composition,sub bass,wobble,bassline flow and whole sound is very very bad... it have no energy,I cant dance to it and thats why dnb was invented,to make thousand of people jump in ecstasy like there no tomorrow

pretty much what dob said, excpet with better grammar :D

and almost what funkmod said... don't scrap it, just keep working on it!

to me, the track has no 'concept' coming through... i like to build my tracks round a single idea, often based on the samples http://soundcloud.com/richie_stix take a listen here and see how the whole track works as a whole... this track is more of a collection of sounds! i can understand the 'bee' concept, but it aint working yagetsme?

mhm Ok guys, i think i get it :D
But i've come a long way to here... my first songs were crap ass hell, and this is getting more like it..
But i respect ur comments and indeed richie, i need more like a global concept to work around.
i'll defineately scrap this one :P but i'll just keep making songs and see were i end up..
by the way, any of u guys have experience with ableton live? i need to find out how to make fat wobbles with them synths...

tnx anyway for the comment, it is most helpfull!!
cheers

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:33 ----------

i like plan 9 :D

and almost what funkmod said... don't scrap it, just keep working on it!
just a personal thing i do to be honest if i work on a tune for a few hours and come back and listen to it and it aint vibing for me i move on to a new project just my style i suppose

in ableton live, with operator of course you can make wobble in a variety of ways, but a standard way to do it to most any sound is the auto filter and then LFO section,turn up the amount, this activates the LFO, adjust the rate knob to your liking, or click the musical note button to sync the rate with a time signature, turn the phase off, and if the rate is synced to a time sig, you can adjust the offset, so you can get the whole ''kick - wob - wob - wob'' thing going on..

i didnt listen to your tune but this is the production section, theres a new talent and track reviews section right at the top of the production forum, this is pointed out many times here : )

ow yea, i'm sry
kinda new on this forum.
and tnx with the help guys!
i really appreciate it!!
i'ma make some new tunes with the things u guys said
big up! cheers

ow yea, i'm sry
kinda new on this forum.
and tnx with the help guys!
i really appreciate it!!
i'ma make some new tunes with the things u guys said
big up! cheers

listen! sub bass part of wobble should be sine wave with 30-50% lfo amount of mid wobble.The mid wobble ( 200-5.000hz) should be from two or more oscilators,one lower square wave and higher single or multiple sawtooths( triangle is good too ) lowpass it and put some distortion into the sound Bitcrushing aka Resolution damage is especialy good when used in combination with format filering ( my favorite wobble technique,the famous Yeah wooble ) or anything that you find good.( try Ohmicide,very good distortion VST ) little bit of compression and EQ and you have decent starting sound,another step is to ad effects like delay phaser,reverb ( dont use reverb on sub ) and make everything variable by autonomation.Final product should have something like 40-60 autonomation lines.Make many different wobble sounds,so the bassline will have many colours

Last edited:
what dob said is how he might make some wobble, there are no set rules for anything, everything is personal opinion, in the end what matters, as everyone says, is if it sounds good to you.

listen! sub bass part of wobble should be sine wave with 30-50% lfo amount of mid wobble.The mid wobble ( 200-5.000hz) should be from two or more oscilators,one lower square wave and higher single or multiple sawtooths( triangle is good too ) lowpass it and put some distortion into the sound Bitcrushing aka Resolution damage is especialy good when used in combination with format filering ( my favorite wobble technique,the famous Yeah wooble ) or anything that you find good.( try Ohmicide,very good distortion VST ) little bit of compression and EQ and you have decent starting sound,another step is to ad effects like delay phaser,reverb ( dont use reverb on sub ) and make everything variable by autonomation.Final product should have something like 40-60 autonomation lines.Make many different wobble sounds,so the bassline will have many colours

classic post, quoted for posterity.

this is, of course, nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom