New wip

That's a great intro man, really like it. Builds up nicely, but then the drop sort of steps back in energy, rather than steps up one more gear imo. Only had one listen mind.

This is very nice! Lovely understated intro, into great bassline. Would love to see how you get with this one, as it sounds like something I would put in the rotation :)

Dat groove. Naiss :)
Aww yea when this bass is coming in I'm really feeling it .. dude you nailed it here!
The snare could be refined a little bit though, it's so .. crude :( some more compression and maybe some transient shaping for more plop at the start of it? Compress the high end maybe..

Solid tune though!

Not like:
-those roll hats at 1:09 and so. You may try to play a bit of velocity on them? They sound too much mechanical for a tune like this, where a natural drum feeling is expected.
-the atmos overlap with the tom roll before the drop. I will try to mute everything when toms are coming in, I think it will give more impact to the first kick of the drop.

Like:
-nice intro and good structure with the right soundscapes and atmos.
-I like those shakers occur at 0:44, they are really matching and really well grooving. You could actually play them into the drop as well, to add some groove.
-Bass it's great! Very deep and good morphing. I love that bass stab at 1:07, you could use it more often in a way to create a proper hook on the bassline and keep it driving.

Add:
- a shuffling cymbal or tambourine to the drop.
- more natural feeling to drums on the drop by playing on hats velocity (did I already say that?)

Try:
- some more sick bass stabs on your already amazing bass drop.
- to add some arps here'n there, e.g. at the end of the bar. It can be a bass stab resampled and arpeggiated...
- try to clear everything between the first kick and the first snare, just delete any shuffles or hat you used. It will create a nice spinning gap for the drop to start.

Overall, very good start and idea. Good selection of sounds. (y)

wow,. sick feedback rajstah! like your style there, i will return the favour shortly! im glad your feeling the drop, those hats could do with going your right, ill have a fiddle. arp'd bass noises is also a good shout. will get to work and repost. thanks again (everyone)!

starts off very effing nice, but I honestly start to lose interest around 1:30, but at 2:15 I'm back into it... maybe something new/distracting for a few bars at 1:30 just to keep it fresh imo.. sorry this isn't meant to be negative criticism, think this tune could be sick when finished!

starts off very effing nice, but I honestly start to lose interest around 1:30, but at 2:15 I'm back into it... maybe something new/distracting for a few bars at 1:30 just to keep it fresh imo.. sorry this isn't meant to be negative criticism, think this tune could be sick when finished!

nah mate thats exactly the sort of stuff im looking for! i know what you mean by the 1.30 mark, dont know how i can add stuff, main problem here, any ideas?

sick man, thats probably the best idea ive seen on here for feedback! some good ideas i would never have thought of. will have a tweak and repost! your sig is sick btw, sounds like something chris su would play!

Back
Top Bottom