new wip i don't feel completely ashamed to show

wingz

everyones fav austrian
VIP Junglist

hi there, if you didn't know, i've been "producing" for roughly 4 months (rather learnt what knob does what, tons of vst plugins n shit) and this is the first thing i actually really like and which has potential imo.

i know the buildup is kinda ghey but i couldn't come up with something better atm, i'll try after few more tutorials. got any tips for me or advice?

x

sounds good man, love that bass noise youve got going. drums sound tight too. all i could suggest is adding a few bits to progress it, maybe make the hats shuffle a bit after a couple of bars, add some new noises in. sounds good though!

thanks man, yeah, i'll try to come up with some variation and maybe try to build some funny synths next time i'm at it. gonna ditch the pad strings though

Nice man! very snappy snare, although I don't like the distortion on the kick, but it's sounding good!!

it's a quite punchy kick layered with an analogue kick with distortion, think it sounds quite beefy, cheers man

That's really good for someone that's only been producing 4 months mate. Just needs a few sound fx etc I reckon.

Real simple, but really like it. Needs more going on in it though.

Vary the hats more as it progresses, and as someone above said, add a shuffle.

Also at the end of the 8bars you should put in something a little fancy to get you ready for it to drop back in for the next 8. Then maybe add some shakers to that section to give some more pace/rythem.

Good work - its a good style, keep it up

Back
Top Bottom