New wip, feedback greatly appreciated! Tech tune

Great drums and perc. A bit too much reverb on those, only spot. But brilliant sound and programming.

High potential for those reeces!
Before the drop you can try to give couple of bars of darknes, by fading down the pads and everything, make silence and get that creepy reece pitching high to low, falling in da face of the first beat of the break... (not sure if I explain myself) ;)

Not doing this to get back favours... lol :sadbana:

cheers bro. ive made a few little changes to it. shortened the intro, worked on an idea for the break and as you said quitened the volumes for the atmos at the drop. reverb on the hats is a whole game of automation writing that i can ne be assed to do tonight. DO you think the reverb needs to be less on the intro or just the drop? cheers for the feedback!

I don't know, mate.
I mean in the drums in general, intro and drop.
Not sure if will be enough if you just shorten of few ms the tail of the reverb or also need to be more on the dry side (if you use it as insert or just lower down the send if it's in aux).

Keep working. You have a nice style and pay attention to detail.

Are those drums from ultrabeat? I'd try to vary your drums more rather than (and I am guessing) take them from a sample pack or drum kit.

thanks for all the feeback. swayzy, the drums are from lots of different packs. a lot of them are free samples. ive never herad of ultrabeat before so there not from there haha. when you say vary the drums what do you mean? the actual samples used or the patterbs?

thanks for all the feeback. swayzy, the drums are from lots of different packs. a lot of them are free samples. ive never herad of ultrabeat before so there not from there haha. when you say vary the drums what do you mean? the actual samples used or the patterbs?

I know we all use samples but I mean try and make the drum yourself through layering. Tune each drum using pitch differences to fill it out. Distortion can help fill it out and of course eq each layer.

I was wrong thinking you took the kick straight from a pack but it sounds obvious as does the pattern. If you make your own drums you'll probably end up with an original more organic loop.

each drum hit is around 3 samples layered together. i havent ised a loop eother its all programmed in midi. im not being a knob just trying to understand yiur feedback a bit better. i tried to vary the drums as much as i can without loosing flow. how would you suggest i change the patterns? more shuffles?

any other feedback would be massively appreciated. trying to get this finished and would like some ideas as the creative spark is fading!

Last edited:
First of all, awesome idea!

I would put the silence at 0:42 back 4 bars, then filter in the part from 3:02, highpass the pad or turn the wet rev all the way up on the pad. Maybe a minimal drum break before the drop or a quick conga build?

Right.
All the sounds are amazing.
The drums as I said are excellent. There's that live vibe going on that need the right contest. But...
You can play with that live vibe by chopping around and create a contrast between live and electronic.

You can probably add a different track with a different sounding drum, more on dry and electro sound. (just an idea)
Nothing too complicated, you can, for example, resample 8 bars of your main drum pattern and re-edit with different eq and shorten the transients decay, in a way to stay on tune with your main tonality, but in a slightly changed style towards hard electro.

In that way you can layer a variation in certain moments of your track. But be carefull to don't be too intrusive. (it happen very often to me!)

Second input is to edit more on drop out and in, every now and then.
Create micro spaces on the arrangement and fill them up with crazy things. Some small samples of wathever that comes thru the arrangement in bits.
Those small things they give an impression of "WOW"!!! :O

Third input is on the reece.
Work on sections, place a loop of 8 bars, and try diffent patterns of bass, even re-pitching it and reversing it.
Once you find something good, you can insert it on some end of a phrase, e.g. at the last 2 or 4 bars of the 16.

But keep the vibe of this tune, which is gr8

I hope this will be helpfull! ;)

Last edited:
First of all, awesome idea!

I would put the silence at 0:42 back 4 bars, then filter in the part from 3:02, highpass the pad or turn the wet rev all the way up on the pad. Maybe a minimal drum break before the drop or a quick conga build?

cheers man. i like the idea of highpassing the pad. deffinately gonna play around with that idea!

Right.
All the sounds are amazing.
The drums as I said are excellent. There's that live vibe going on that need the right contest. But...
You can play with that live vibe by chopping around and create a contrast between live and electronic.

You can probably add a different track with a different sounding drum, more on dry and electro sound. (just an idea)
Nothing too complicated, you can, for example, resample 8 bars of your main drum pattern and re-edit with different eq and shorten the transients decay, in a way to stay on tune with your main tonality, but in a slightly changed style towards hard electro.

In that way you can layer a variation in certain moments of your track. But be carefull to don't be too intrusive. (it happen very often to me!)

Second input is to edit more on drop out and in, every now and then.
Create micro spaces on the arrangement and fill them up with crazy things. Some small samples of wathever that comes thru the arrangement in bits.
Those small things they give an impression of "WOW"!!! :O

Third input is on the reece.
Work on sections, place a loop of 8 bars, and try diffent patterns of bass, even re-pitching it and reversing it.
Once you find something good, you can insert it on some end of a phrase, e.g. at the last 2 or 4 bars of the 16.

But keep the vibe of this tune, which is gr8

I hope this will be helpfull! ;)

awesome feedback man, just what i was looking for. gonna play around with the reese pitches a bit, similar to the second drop, but during the first. gona try and fit some little noises in too

Very nice meight.
One of the best tunes I've heard on here lately.
I think the snare needs a bit more character. Try layering an acoustic snare over the top but filter out snare any low freq content. Place a very short reverb with a 100% wet signal. If you're using Logic try some of the space designers impulse responses.

Back
Top Bottom