New WIP : EVERLASTING

Yes

I think your intro is quite nice the pad is nice but those synth filter bits (wab wob) could maybe have some subtle automation on the panning or delay or something so there is more movement. The hi hat could be a bit more mono for dj mixing but that is minor. The riser fx with the slow down before the drop is nice and you could work even more on this to make it even better like deception by noisia by adding automation and maybe having it build for longer like 16 before it goes weird because this part would be in the mix and you would be building to the weirdness and then it drops.

The drums you have are really nice for neuro so they don't need any work but the fills could be a bit more crazy with maybe a switch break or some live drum fills.

I think the bassline is too basic for this genre. The notes and progression is fine but they are just long notes which is a bit boring and more suited to liquid. There needs to be gaps in the bass for neuro. You should just chop up your notes and use some effects on the chops like LP filter automation, small ms delay, notch filter automation etc to give interest and movement. Make sure the chops are not totally quantised. You could also add a couple of other bass noises and some other small sound clips infrequently.

The sub could be a bit stronger but I am not listening on a big system.

You shouldn't have the pads when it drops but maybe bring them back 32 bars after. The synth wab wob should be in on the drop because the intro builds up to it.

Nice tune, I really like this one. The things I think it could benefit from is some nice end of bar changes/skips/turn arounds either in the drums or bass and some cymbal wash (maybe just the top layer of an amen or something like that) lightly blended in, just to give emphasis to that high energy racing feeling you get with those cool long reese bass pattern. an example of what I mean could be like Chase & Status - Take Me Away

Nice tune, I really like this one. The things I think it could benefit from is some nice end of bar changes/skips/turn arounds either in the drums or bass and some cymbal wash (maybe just the top layer of an amen or something like that) lightly blended in, just to give emphasis to that high energy racing feeling you get with those cool long reese bass pattern. an example of what I mean could be like Chase & Status - Take Me Away

Thanks man!!

Back
Top Bottom