New Website for DnB lovers, Help Needed

Shamanix

Hi Guys,

I was hoping some of you may be feeling kind enough to help me out a little. I've not used this forum much before, but thought this may be a good place to ask.

I'm a 3rd year Uni student in the UK, and for my final year project I'm planning to build a website for DJs and listeners.

The basic idea is that DJs specify their location, upload a mix, and over a month other users vote for the mix they like the most in their local area. Once the month is up, the winning DJ from each city will then be put through to the next round which will be covered by a wider geographical area.

The idea being that winners from each area compete in a sort of National (maybe some day global) knockout tournament, until eventually there is only 1 left; the winner.

The benefit for the DJs being promotion, the good thing for other users being the ability to network with local users with similar interests to them, and of course to listen to great music.

I'm commiting research into this idea right now, and was wondering if anybody had any comments to throw in?

All comments totally welcome; like it? hate it? ideas for features? etc.

Thanks in advance to anybody that helps.

Essentially it is a decent idea, however....... its rely's totally on user interface..........the hardest type of site to set up. The internet is fairly old now and most people have a list of sites they use on a regular basis, it takes something pretty special for a site to be added to said list.

Jailbate, noted.

Thanks for your responses.

@Tony, do you think that if the UI was unique and interesting to use, people would be more likely to use it? Or would the promise of promotion and good music be enough to take people there?

I quite like this, makes people add a bit of variety and atmosphere to their mixes. Not that im bored with how people mix, just if you're against other dj's constantly it'll force you to do something abit different.

I think you might be right Sicx, it means people will have to do something fresh to stand out.

Do any of you use http://www.letsmix.com? That's a similar format, of competitions. I don't know the website well and was wondering what people thought of it; it doesn't seem like it's anything amazing on first look.

Back
Top Bottom