New vinyl is warped..

bone

Just got my promo of acts of madmen lp through from nu:urban, and one of them is really warped - the needle looks like its on a trampoline going up and down as the vinyl is so uneven. Im new to vinyl healthcare, and didnt know if this was much of a problem, as the track still plays fine? But was wondering if it might cause an issue in the longterm, and so am i best to send it back now?
Thanks in advance

Just got my promo of acts of madmen lp through from nu:urban, and one of them is really warped - the needle looks like its on a trampoline going up and down as the vinyl is so uneven. Im new to vinyl healthcare, and didnt know if this was much of a problem, as the track still plays fine? But was wondering if it might cause an issue in the longterm, and so am i best to send it back now?
Thanks in advance

send it back mate.. if the vinyl is stored correctly it shouldnt be warped :)

Leave it outside in the sun for a bit then stick it back in the sleeve and at the bottom of a pile of records. If you dont send it back that is.

is vinyl pressed at a certain volume so its all even?

cus usually it all sounds smooth mixing in on the same volumes but does anyone else find the odd vinyl you buy in a batch now and again is alot quieter so it doesnt sound quite right so u have to play it louder then the rest of ur vinyls for it to sound even if ya get me. :confused:

is vinyl pressed at a certain volume so its all even?

cus usually it all sounds smooth mixing in on the same volumes but does anyone else find the odd vinyl you buy in a batch now and again is alot quieter so it doesnt sound quite right so u have to play it louder then the rest of ur vinyls for it to sound even if ya get me. :confused:

'loudness' depends on two things... the mastering process and the actual pressing of vinyl... shallow pressings (thin, shallow grooves) are often attributed to quiet vinyl.

Back
Top Bottom