NEW TUNES "INDULGE ME" AND "ON GUARD"

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by delij, Apr 19, 2010.

1. delij

delij Member

ez all, some new tunes ive been working on now up, any feeback welcome, cheers

www.myspace.com/delij

2. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

to be critic in your creative manners, this sounds like too much drum and bass out there... not pretending to be harassive, so sorry if it gets you angry... just feedback.
    also the bass on both tunes is like a bit high in the mix. Check that out... also try tu use different drum samples... well you know variety! sounds like the same drumkit in 3 songs I've heard on your myspace.

Don't take me wrong! these tunes are cool and I'd definately dance to them on a disco but won't listen to them on my computer or mp3player. (Also it has to do with my own likings...)

Keep on the good work! ;)

3. delij

delij Member

cheers for the feedback man. if you mean the sub is a bit high then maybe a bit yeah. as for the drums, i understand the variety thing, but ive worked on my kits for ages, eqing, parallel compression, etc, so i will re use them now and then if i feel they suit the track. its not as if the big guys dont ;)

4. Neomind

I get your point haha
    Not the subb, the bass, the wobbles and reeses involved in both tunes is what to my ears sound a bit high in the mix (listened on monitors and headphones).

5. delij

delij Member

ah gotcha. think this relates to the different likings you mentioned. your stuff is quite dark and seems to have a lot of emphasis on the drums (nice by the way). the mainstream clubby dnb im going for tho is more focused on the bline (the tunes i tend to mix are anyway). ive got a pretty good monitoring setup (dynaudio, sennheiser) so i feel what im hearing is pretty accurate :)

6. Neomind

hey but all in all, your tunes are very good ones to dance to @ any club. :slayer:

7. delij

delij Member