New Tune- Restless In Love - Feedback Please

nukleamojo

Producer & Blogger Super Joshi
Hey Guys,

I've started doing this thing where I sit down and write a tune every week, and then make the demo available to listen to and download on the Friday. I'm doing this to get a rough idea of the tunes of mine that people like. The ones that get the most love will get polished off and released on my own label, and hopefully others too :). Just trying a different way of working.

I'd really appreciate it if you could give me some feedback on this tune called Restless In Love. It's already got a spin on DnB Heaven by Q The Physicist so I'm hopeful...

Last edited:
Not bad at all. Very good in fact.
I am assuming you put the drums together yourself. I think the ride does not need to be in the whole song. The kick and snare and (snare)flutter sound great to me. The bass is cool but missing that extra something that defines clear, yet dirty bass. The sub could me more predominate at 2:19 and continuing on. The synth sounds are cool but bring a level of....cheese, to the track. The rhodes and drums really cary the track along. When you do the switch up at 2:15 the cadence is unnatural and dull.
Listening to the whole track, I can not help but appreciate many parts of it. However, you could easily add or subtract elements of your drums to make your song better. Also, the (top)bass gets dull quick.

Thanks IV4.

The drums are a combination of loops and programming. I will listen back with your suggestion in mind. Easy to zone out on things sometimes. Your cheese comment made me laugh. I was going for funky, musical and a bit Techno but I see what you mean.

Really enjoying this one. Great production; the drums are cool, the synths are possibly too prominent for some folks but I absolutely love them. IV4 pretty much nails it with the main points of feedback.

James

I think you should put more effort on the intro. Needs a nice buildup. Its starts so sudden without a warning. Make it smooth.
As for the rest of the tune. Its heavy and i kind a like it. If it was mine i'd do more transitions with the neurotic reeces.
Good tune.
Keep it up!

Thanks Ethex. The intro was on my list. It's not particfularly DJ friendly as it is either I think. I'll get on it asap.

I completely agree with IV4 on this one
The bass is great, but it could use a tiny bit more of presence, it could be a bit more wide, bassier.
Im personally not a fan of the melodies that come in at 0:44 and 2:16. When I hear a bassy track like this I prefer no melodies or synths like that.. But thats more of a personal touch
That second drop, at 1.40, I love it. That bass is amazing.
But I overall really like the track

And as you comment above states, and as a dj, yea the intro isn't dj friendly at all :p
For easy mixing, an intro of 32 bars is enough. And an element on which we can beatmatch: a hat, cymbal, piano that plays steady, something like that

Back
Top Bottom