New tune - Rate my drums

Do the drums bang hard?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Really liking this, listened through a few times and haven't got tired of it.

Sounding good to me. Moves along with loads of energy. Beats sounding really strong and fit the track nicely.

If I'm being ultra critical then one of the different shakers (1:17) sounds a little behind the rest of the beat when it comes in, might be what your after but tightening that one up would help the groove keep pushing forward in my opinion. It might be a bit cliche but I'd add a few crashes as they can really help to identify the different 16's, 32's, 64's etc.... As this tune rolls along nicely without huge variation (not a bad thing) I think it would be a bit of a awkward one to mix in a set (for me at least) as picking out the right place to drop in another tune isn't always obvious.

Bassline is wicked though, the top end just bubbling around the edges of distortion but never actually looses it! Nice work.

Last edited:
If I'm being ultra critical then one of the different shakers (1:17) sounds a little behind the rest of the beat when it comes in, might be what your after but tightening that one up would help the groove keep pushing forward in my opinion. It might be a bit cliche but I'd add a few crashes as they can really help to identify the different 16's, 32's, 64's etc.... As this tune rolls along nicely without huge variation (not a bad thing) I think it would be a bit of a awkward one to mix in a set (for me at least) as picking out the right place to drop in another tune isn't always obvious.

Thanks! Glad you like it. Yeah I left the shaker unquantised to try and give that section a more funky feeling. Crashes are a good idea thanks, cliche, but they work.
Funny that you mention it being awkward to mix, I thought the same thing when I was arranging it. I don't dj though so if you wanna give it a go, pm me I'll send you a copy. :2thumbs:

if done right i dont feel crashes are cliche at all imho... i mean it's part of a drum kit. Name one rock song that doesn't have a crash in it... You can't because the drummers are utilizing their entire drum kit. I think the idea of cliche's is in itself a cliche and people get too hung up on stuff like that personally

Nice track, sounding kind of special? I don't know.. I like it but I kind of expected the bass to take over in the second part and move along with the drum breaks.

Yes, drums on point! Pretty cool track, something you would hear in a Need For Speed game :)
Hahaha thanks that's all I'm gonna picture now when I hear it.

Dude amazing job!!! Not just on the drums (which are on point) but with the melodic content of this! Especially the main melody in the first part of the drop doing that minor 6th :) Loveeee it!
Thanks dude I'm glad you loveeee it. :)

Nice track, sounding kind of special? I don't know..
What?

Back
Top Bottom