DnB New Tune - Prophecy

First off, cool bass sounds, and cool idea. Extremely heavy, this negated my need for coffee this morning. That being said, i think that if you worked on the drums of this a bit, you could take this tune from good to great. My recommendation.. save a duplicate of the project, and start playing around with new drum samples.

Your snare is buried in your mids in your drop, and you lose the "sway" of the drop because of it. Consider a different sample.. this snare is lacking that "TWHACK" factor... you've got a "TSSSHT" sound going on... its got early dubstep written all over it. I constantly find myself guilty of doing this with snares, i find that after 5 minutes i don't even hear the lack-of-impact when i'm working on music anymore.. then i come back the next day and go "shit, i've done it again.." and go snare hunting.

Also, maybe consider swapping out your kick sound for something that punches through the mix more.. i think with some drum improvements, and a bit of EQ you could take this from really good to great! Keep up the good work, the potential here is very, very high!

I think the drums need to be more upfront in the mix but I like the kick and snare. I think maybe some heavier compression and attention to detail with the current snare you may get that thwack.

How did you make that lead? I have tried to make something similar before but failed.

hey guys, thanks for your feedback!

I think the drums need to be more upfront in the mix but I like the kick and snare. I think maybe some heavier compression and attention to detail with the current snare you may get that thwack.

How did you make that lead? I have tried to make something similar before but failed.

i made that lead synth in massive with two "Pulse-Saw Sync" oscillators.

Back
Top Bottom