DnB New Tune 'Predators' DnB

would like to hear this with good sound system, shame that I m traveling now so I can only listen it with shitty earphones. But bass seems to be constructed pretty well :)

Yes

I think the sample is sick and the intro in general is nice but maybe you could go a little further with some automation on the orchestra etc to really help it build. there could be a bit of delay on your hi hats for a bit of interest because they are quite straight although it would be easy tobeat match. .the sample before the drop doesnt sit quite right. You should use the full sample you have at the start for both drops. Especially because you have the extra bit of the dialogue before the switch. I dont think you need a kick in the middle of that extra dialogue. THe extra congas is nice and so is the ride.

The bass is quite nice but the sub seems to be a constant drone rather than chopping with the mid range bit and i like the bass fills but i just think you need a subtle high layer on them becuase they are a bit dull.

I dont think you need the hi hats in the second build and I did not notice if the second drop was different so maybe you could change it up a little bit

I think this tune is decent and would be good in a warm up set

Cool, cheers for the suggestions.

I agree with the intro hats they are literally just there for time, I'd prefer to not have them but I always get moaned at when I leave them out haha.

The other stuff which you'd do differently was more of my personal stylistic choice, e.g like I find subs that follow mid a bit weak and the drums wouldn't compliment that style, musically I feel a drone gives a better sense of dread so I prefer a solid drone for this one (I'd probably be more likely to do that techy chop style with a broken beat style drums and fast staby midrange accents.

I did change the second drop but it's a subtle difference in the drums, I like to keep the continuity of the vibe, I use to do a more obvious change for second drop but found it often ruines the dynamic and also can come across a bit try hard like I just did it to not look lazy suppose to it been for the good of the tune.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and give some suggestions

I dont think I explained myself very well but i understand you have your own style

I meant to say that because the mid range main part of your bass 'wobs' and has movement like that it would emphasise that movement and sound better if the sub followed it and especially if the note of the sub followed the fill bass

I dont think it is try hard to switch the bass up a bit for the second drop but more of a tool but it would normally be in the mix by that point so I guess it doesnt matter too much

Ah that's cool man. I'm glad you said :)

I see your point with the second drop, like I know he's a dubstep artist but Funtcase is really good at changing the second drop, I think I just meant when I first started I use to do like a drumstep second drop or change the whole thing to much and always got feedback like I should put more time/concentration into getting the vibe and not sound to fidgety or overcompensating, (which in my head meant stop been to try hard and trying to hide something) haha.

But yeah I think I'm on the right track though as I did change it really subtley and you didn't notice which meant I kept the vibe but then also I could get away with changing it more so it's a bit more apparent and still not lose the vibe :)

It's only fair with the title "Predators" :lol:

Maybe not "Get to the chopper" as your title is Predators so it would have to be a sound clip from this.. for legitimacy :teeth:

Back
Top Bottom