New tune, looking for feedback

the elements are all there, just gotta get your mixdown sorted, very little bass coming thru, u can probly give that a fair amount of extra volume, everything sounds clear tho, sub sounds nice and smooth, percussion is nice and punchy, melodies are great. you need less volume just before it drops, for impact, a simple filter up can do that, or do sumthing more creative, get the bass up in the mix and tweek the rest of it so it all sits right and this will be sweet, luvly vibes, nice work!

Thanks for the quick answer mate, im gonna work on the mix tomorrow btw just found ur mixdown tips thread lotsa useful info in there.

Wicked man :) I really like it, but as suggested make it more bassy ;) Apart from that I think its pretty flawless.

Jordan :)

nice tune there mate, if i had to picks faults i would just say consider using a kick and snare with a bit more body so it thumps a little more, but i suppose thats just a matter of taste. overall its a pretty bang tidy track.

Lovely chilling tune man, I'm liking the minimal vocal samples. The high string that comes in sounds out of key on one of the notes, not sure if it was a conscious artistic decision but it sounds a little out of place to my ears. Other than not much to fault, perhaps the main elements (bass, kick and snare) could be a little more full and punchy sounding. There's some really cool ideas in here though, keep at it :)

Okay, I did some changes(and had to reduce all the levels by 1 db cuz it was clipping). Tbh im not rly sure if it sounds better, so feedback is appreciated as always :2thumbs:

Cheers !

Last edited:
yep its better, strings are too loud, but the bass and percussion are at better volumes, drop down all your synths/sounds and vocals again, and sloooowwwly bring them back in, the quieter u can get them in the mix, the better, bass n perc are at better levels now tho for sure, although the big hi wobble can probly come down a little bit...gettin closer man! maybe give your ears a break for 24hours and come back to it, have a listen to once, all the way the thru and see how it flows in your mind, then drop all the levels down as i said earlier and start the mixdown again, dont be tempted to listen to it to many times before u start doin that, coz your ears will adapt and start to filter bits out

Everything sounds good to me except the low end, just the kicks not hitting hard enough and the bassline. But besides that everything else sounds spot on!

Really nice track! Like some of the others pointed out maybe a tad more punch to the drums and the bass would give it an overall warmer feel...

But very nice production! (Wish I could get mine as clear as this! haha)

Back
Top Bottom