New tune Lazy Afternoon (FEEDBACK PLSTHKS )

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Dj Jammin, May 13, 2008.

1. Dj Jammin

Dj Jammin Member

Let me know what you think :|. Got a elctro housey dnb mashup thing going :)

listen after the bridge aswell it changes sort of

http://www.sendspace.com/file/00ga40

Edit: its called lazy days not lazy afternoon :\ thats a shitty Dj spice tune

2. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

can you send it to me without the lil 'spits' in the background?:rasta:

3. Dj Jammin

Dj Jammin Member

4. Catsel

in between it all, there a random drum beat.. sounds strange. hectic

5. vickvega

vickvega Mr. Blonde

drums do sound a bit all over the place - not horrible just sound like they could be a bit tighter
    not much on the bass sound - just not mi style-doesnt sound bad though
    and the rip from nasty ways-hmm bro - gonna have to go negative on that
    sorry to be harsh - these are just the humble opinions of one man

6. Dj Jammin

Dj Jammin Member

Haterz :) you're just jealous

7. dj_ahriman

dj_ahriman New Member

You need some bulk compression on those drums, they dont sound very together. Castel was right about the random clicks that he was hearing, I dont know which loop of yours is doing that, but it definitely needs to go.... the click that comes along is out of time with the flow of the rest of the beats of your track.

Also the second whooshy thing you have going at 2minutes - you could have broken that into something heaps bigger.... you have a whooshy thing as a buildup to something MASSIVE coming... not every 16 bars.. add some reverse cymbols, etc.. and after the second breakdown it is just a repeat of what you had in the beginning... I dont feel like the song is going anywhere. The pace is the same, and it builds up to the same. But I take it you're going to build into something more after 4:46? If I were you I would bring in the synthy and pad bits from around 4 minutes much earlier into the track... bring in the first massive breakdown at around 3 mins, depending on your loop arrangement.

Needs much more on the mixdown to sound tighter imho, tell me - what DAW are you using? Compression compression compression. T-racks isnt going to do shit for your drums in the end mix if they havent been properly layered and compressed properly in the first place.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  8. Dj Jammin

Dj Jammin Member

Finally some proper feedback... yeah the clicks were randomness and i guess i'll remove them :)

what did you mean about it not going anyware? It's dnb it generallly repeats itself look at most of the jump up these days fuck that actually look at most of the dnb these days.. just repeats itself

And regarding the drums, bulk compression? can you elaborate... I'm a simpleton when it comes to properly mixing down my tracks all i generally do is have 3-4 snare layers all on one FX channel and use one compressor (i know i should probably have a fx channel for each snare to get them punching through at different frequencies, but i'm not sure where to start) I also do this with the kicks hats and breakks... so advice on this would be very helpful.

I've always said aswell it's the vibe of a tune that draws me to it rather than the production of the tune eg why i like alot of hardcore/oldschool the production isn't up to much it's all about the way a tune makes you feel when you listen to it.

Do appreciate the comments though... i guess production is the main thing, i think i'm too influenced by jump up, so when i go to make a tune on a different vibe i still structure it as i would with a jump up tune.

I would like opinions on the melody and synths good bad?

9. vickvega

vickvega Mr. Blonde

10. Dj Jammin

Dj Jammin Member

11. Catsel

:finger2:
    (y)i like you

12. second opinion

second opinion bacon sarnies hmmmm

herro there

what is the synth riff from in the intro sounds well familioi but nice.
    got a good vibe to it but all the other boys are right about that beat not sitting right and i just mixed it to check(hope you dont mind lol)
    is it an effects loop you using for that beat or individual hits either way you gonna have to go in and sit it right. think the nasty way sample is a bit cheeky but i aint heard it for a long time so i let you off.
    just think you need to spice up the arrangement a tad,sort that beat and you have a nice party tune
    keep it up man some nice ideas

http://www.myspace.com/secondopiniondnb
    check my bits doctor please:i_love_co

13. Dj Jammin

Dj Jammin Member

Thanks for the feedback, the beat is individual hits not a loop! i'll have a look at your tunes when i get back from work and let you know what i thinK!