(new tune) DT - Round 22

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by x8d3x, Jul 13, 2011.

1. x8d3x

x8d3x New Member

I know it's massively lacking in a lot of ways, this is the first track I've posted anywhere. Any tips you can give me and honest opinions would be appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/dt-2/round-22

2. x8d3x

x8d3x New Member

Any thoughts? Quit now?

3. x8d3x

x8d3x New Member

4. W3st

W3st Unsigned DnB Producer

maybe some more confidence :) i like it, nice amen break, good jungley feel. maybe lower the drums a tad in volume. using shitty comp speakers so couldn't hear any sub bass but it sounded really clean. throw in some transitional risers or maybe some drum rolls to add some flair and fluidity.

dont quit dude! and be patient :)

Cheers

5. collymore

collymore Member

Like the intro which set the jungle feeling well. In general do I think the track need some more variation...but as you say yourself...nice amen break.

6. TarekFM

TarekFM Producer

overall balance is not bad...defo well need to raise overall rms(volume) to compete w modern tracks and grab the listeners interest..

understanding u wanna keep an old-school vibe, there is alot u cn do to give ur track a modern edge....

for one the track is a little dry sounding...maybe some midrange harmonics in your bass would help or some other fx in general etc..

put ur tracks next to others tht u really like...play then next to each at the same rms and tht give u an idea of wht u need to work on