New Tune! (Dark very minimal kinda shiz)

I like the clean percussion, but the bass kills it for me. i really think this is subjective though, some ripping sub could appeal
as for composing, do you really need the pause at 2:40? i mean....i could listen to another song in this pause, and dont need to hear the noisefloor of your mic paired with some birds ;)
i know this recording from myself, and i think everyone getting hands on a condens mic will rec stuff like that, but in effect (and many terrible hours of mixing, getting nearer to the birds and stuff)
we just completely destroyed the idea of having those bird sounds in our song
for the intro its okay, more meh than great cause i heard this stuff thousand times before ^^, but works nonetheless, for the middle part though....too lonely for my appeal^^

Yeah i know what you mean about the long breakdown lol and i might play around with a sub, inbetween the main bass to make it sound a bit fuller. Cheers for the feedback though, i really appreciate it.

i think its brilliant, love the minimal style. the breakdown with the birds is really unexpected and abstract but if you just work on it a little more, like the transitions and risers and fills i think it will fit perfectly.

I'd like to hear some sort of high pad sounds thrown in here and there, maybe a quiet, high pitched hissing or sine tone or something, cos there isn't much else happening in the upper end. It'd work against the bass nicely, imho. The drum beat is a little bland, I'd want to hear just a bit more variation and boldness in the fills. Removing the hits on a downbeat might work. Perhaps a triplet somewhere, and a short burst of aggressive fast drumsounds at maybe two or three points in the tune would shake up the plodding feel. Unless that's what you are going for, in which case, it's plodding along nicely :P

Cheers Fishy and thanks for the comment on SC!

Yeah i played around a lot with pads in this tune Innovine, it just always seemed to take something away from the kinda slow, murky, clean kinda vibe, maybe i just didn't find the right one though. Yeah maybe a bit more boldness in the fills could help, its hard to get the right balance of boldness and getting the different levels right, i am working on that though :P Again cheers for the feedback guys, it is most helpful!

Too minimal for my liking but the perc elements and the atmosphere are top notch. Nice production

Back
Top Bottom