new tune ava listen

i come home from work and find my thread hijacked! lol. what are those AKG's like and do you have the links to the other winning produtions from talent of the month??

humblest apologies mike001 - the AKG's (701) are probably the best monitor headphones you can buy unless your super rich!! mine were just over £200 - they really have helped my production. I was determined to buy some mackie monitors for my room (about £600) until my mate came round who knows alot more about production then me and told me it didn't matter how good my monitors were if my room isn't treated they may as well be cheap low end ones!!! so if your having major problems with reflections in your room and
can't afford to have it treated these are the way forward they really are amazing, pretty much flat response plus they project sound around your ear rather than into it for perfect spacial definition and they look shit hot too!! http://www.musiciansbuy.com/mmMBCOM/images/akg_k701.jpg
only draw back is the 200 hour run in time!!!
I use these for final mixes and my alesis for comparing with - I tend to find if my tunes sound good on my AKG's they sound really good on my Alesis!!

yeah i think the acoustics are shit in my room so those akg's could be the solution for mastering. the 200 hour break in period is a bitch tho haha. thanks for the usefull info m8. oh yeah, apology accepted! :D. i burnt this track to a cd last nite, listened to it in the work van today and the production sounded shite! but on my sound system it sounded good!?? i think you gatta find a good " middleground" with drum 'n bass production. tbh i think it could be cured with compression as the bass (work van) dwarfed the rest of the levels.

I think she's finally finished, been doing some EQ'in on most of the elements aswell as the overall sound. im not 100% on the overall mix tho. would be cool if i knew a sound engineer!:)

Niceeeeee. =] Good effort bro, your loving your liquid aye? Still ain't rung me to hook up and compose some tunes together man. Been out of production for a while, trying to get my career underway, but check out my new thread on this forum. It's dubstep, but eh. =] Easy bro.

yeah man im liking the liquid at the mo aswell as other sounds, my minds always open. yeah we will make some tunes man, i just get carried away with a track and focus only on that till its nearly done, its a killa lol. the time will come m8. i'll have a listen to your dubstep number now. cheers

Back
Top Bottom