New Tracks =D

Really like what you're going for and love the bass styles. But them drums sound like you've liften them from a poor quality mp3. I like the pattern and the hits sound really good, but they just have no body behind them at all. If you were to put that on a system you would be lucky if the kick got through and the rest would be lost. But I love the arrangement and all the effects you having going on. Just work on the drums mate

The drums are 'Ok', the rest is great. I like the movement and dynamics in the tune. Sounds good.

So... if one was to give some sort of advice on how to add some body to some drum patterns... what that person say? (Especially if that person was using Reason 4).
The drums are obviously combined with some amen breaks and other drum patterns; so quality was expected to be lowered a bit. For me it's a difficult process to get a good drum pattern to sound good! A few times I hit it right on, but it's not a guarantee every time - which is unfortunate!
Thank you guys, appreciate your advice!

i read a thing on boosting your drums somewhere , what they said split all your drums so you have 2 drums exactly the same , then compress the copy a fuck load and run it through another channel but a little softer , i dont know if it works but give it a try if you got time , would like to see if it works :)

yeah a little compression on the kicks goes a long way, ive never been able to get my drums tight in reason, for some "reason" the audio engine is just hard to make sound good... its like you're fighting either the drums or the bass. maybee some reason guru's in the production forums can help.

but def, start with a little compression + boost stuff you want to boost with a little limiting too on that particular channel.

cool tunes. great vibe.
cheers.

Back
Top Bottom