New Track

i had a listen mate, its not really my thing, but i guess technically it could do with a bit of work, the elements you got there go together melodically, they just maybe need eqing around each other, the drums are a little quiet when things hit, and your reesey type thing sits directly on top of them which doesnt help it sound very nice, try creating some space between things, spread some stuff out and around.

although the drums sound beefy at the start, they are very over powered by the main reese lead's bass, and in the end have no low end kicking through at all, maybe just turn em up or turn other things down, and maybe eq the reece so it fits in more, concentrate on your mix down..

at the drop.. the build up musically is nice, has everything you need, doesnt get major boring, but i got a litte confused as to where the drop actually occured, the vocals threw me off

also maybe .. too much fills???

as always this is just my opinion

Brilliant feedback mate thanks. That's how I wish everyone on forums could be like! I don't mind people telling me that things are wrong at all, as long as they can tell me how to rectify it. I'll give what you say a bash. Tried side chaining the reese leads around the kick so it stood out, but maybe need to do a bit more eq-ing like you said. Thanks again mate.

ez mate, intro was good and really got me excited for the drop but im sorry to say the drop was pretty disappointing.. wasnt even sure it was the main drop... need some lower heavier bass with it.. or make the intro a bit lighter. everything sounded pretty good though mate

Hows it goin bro? Thanks for the comment bud. Seems to be a common problem I face.....the bass!!!!! I use reason to produce and don't have hardware anymore.........I just find it pretty hard to get deep bass out of reason. Do you produce? If so what program?

yeah mate i use reason 4 too.
use thor for all my bassslines and have got some nice liquid basslines... thor is pretty versatile already and I'm a noob!

Do you find that (I use reason 3 so maybe it's a little different..) when you layer up your basslines and combine them, they never seem really 'full' all the way through? They 'phase' out in places even when there's no LFO working or anything? I've got some nice full basslines from the subtractor... but the malstrom struggles for me. How long you been making stuff then?

few months now man, finally getting somewhere.. i have plenty of ideas just really sstruggle badly with mixdowns!!
well with thor it its phasing out early then i usually increase the brightness and it sounds more prominent and last longer.. maybe try the susutain though? not sure..
iv never got on with malstrom or subtractor.. i started using them when i was started then hopped onto thor.
If im struggling to get my bass sounding full then ill usually layer it up and keep alot of the low end in the one synth and high pass or eq out the low frequencies on the others. got some ok results basslines wise.. alot of this may be totally off course tho mate, am still learning!!
you've got nice sounds in here.. just lacking something with impact on the drop like i said before :)

few months now man, finally getting somewhere.. i have plenty of ideas just really sstruggle badly with mixdowns!!
well with thor it its phasing out early then i usually increase the brightness and it sounds more prominent and last longer.. maybe try the susutain though? not sure..
iv never got on with malstrom or subtractor.. i started using them when i was started then hopped onto thor.
If im struggling to get my bass sounding full then ill usually layer it up and keep alot of the low end in the one synth and high pass or eq out the low frequencies on the others. got some ok results basslines wise.. alot of this may be totally off course tho mate, am still learning!!
you've got nice sounds in here.. just lacking something with impact on the drop like i said before :)

You sound like you're learning fast mate. All good stuff. Trust me it'll be worth the wait when you stick at it. I used to produce hard house for a vinyl label years ago, also done house and vocals for Kelevra and Frederik Mooij and stuff....totally different to DNB....but all the same really. Mixdown trouble? Just comes with time mate....plus everyones mixdown is different to the next. Some like things more prominant than others. Best thing to do is cling to someone like glue who is a shit hot producer and pick their brains at every opportunity!!! That's what I did and I'm still learning. Also try Eqing literally everything...that way they stand out and can be picked out more. Not just that little eq on the mixer channel....open up a masterclass eg and do them from there. Keep in touch bro!

Back
Top Bottom