[new track "WIP"] Itchy -- by Lucid

Lucidproduction

i aint fraid of no ghosts
VIP Junglist
ok so i havnt quite finished this one yet but its filling out quite nicely i think... needs quite a few tweaks on the old mastering but you can get the picture already anyway,

please check it out, all feedback really appretiated, be constructive tho!

http://soundcloud.com/lucidizer/spray-2 uploaded a newer version, its still not finished yet tho.

take it easy guys!

Last edited:
Love the groove of the song, I can picture tribes men dancing round a fire in some mad ritual to thisl:D constructive wise all I can think of is making the beats snappier and harder maybe.

nice man! good to see people making something a bit different. loving all the percussion, but totally agree with the above on making the beats a bit stronger. Theyre interesting in terms of composition, they just need a bit of 'pumpin' up'! haha.

the percussion instrument on the offbeats is well good. accentuates the groove real nicely

im really beginning to feel this sound at the moment.. the tribal vibes.
keep on doing this I want to hear more.

Have you heard of
Loxy & Isotone's 'The Ancients'? check it out might be up your alley its definitely a big big tune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFQDL3C8nW8

Love the groove of the song, I can picture tribes men dancing round a fire in some mad ritual to thisl:D constructive wise all I can think of is making the beats snappier and harder maybe.

definatly... u feeling a different snare then maybe?

maybe some splash cymbols?

the percussion instrument on the offbeats is well good. accentuates the groove real nicely

im really beginning to feel this sound at the moment.. the tribal vibes.
keep on doing this I want to hear more.

Have you heard of
Loxy & Isotone's 'The Ancients'? check it out might be up your alley its definitely a big big tune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFQDL3C8nW8

fucking love it! think i have heard this but its definatly up my street. do you know any artists specializing in this sound?

Haha...just to differ....as far as making beats more snappy, for me those beats were about as snappy as you can get. Perhaps even a bit to clean. The snare defines snap. Not much weight in it tho. You could add a layer under that with a bit of a tail or some noise.
But then again I thought it sounded pretty good as it is.
Nice groove.

I like this. Laid back and tribal. I think adding a bit more percussion here and there, mainly high end stuff, like some rides would phatten it up a bit more.

I was hoping it would drop to a half speed at the beginning, hip hop style beat, then roll back into dnb. Here's hoping for the VIP mix

Keep up the goos work!

not my bag, but, listening with an objective ear, it is good, it`s understated and sounds very natural, like the dude said up there, i can also picture a tribal scene, with dudes with mad piercings getting blisters on their drumming fingers, hehe.

Personally, i would "thicken" the snare, and do something to the bass sound, like subtle distortion or just a little "something" to breathe life into it.

Is it just me, or is it a tad "topsy"?

Excuse the overuse of "quotation" marks, it just helps me express, haha

Good work tho lucid

not my bag, but, listening with an objective ear, it is good, it`s understated and sounds very natural, like the dude said up there, i can also picture a tribal scene, with dudes with mad piercings getting blisters on their drumming fingers, hehe.

Personally, i would "thicken" the snare, and do something to the bass sound, like subtle distortion or just a little "something" to breathe life into it.

Is it just me, or is it a tad "topsy"?

Excuse the overuse of "quotation" marks, it just helps me express, haha

Good work tho lucid

I like the use of stops in this, but they are bit too often.

Nice bongo samples though and the bass sounds great.

Nice one!

really likin this one sounds unusual but cool.
like the drums and percussion on the intro and on the main tune itself.
like to hear the finished verion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom