New Track Up - Sun of a Gun

Ok, I always try to give some ups and some downs for each track I listen to. Positives first:

- This is a seriously "please dance it" track, and the feeling is that it can evolve into something very club friendly IMHO...
- The vocoded "LOL"? (soz mate that's what I think it's saying!) works great and adds and really mixes well with the rest of the production.

It is difficult to give negatives since it's clearly an early project and you will end up tweaking quite a lot of it... in my opinion, the intro needs a lot of reworking especially the beats - some of them seem a bit of an afterthought.

But once you go into the main theme, things improve greatly.

Overall: needs lots of work BUT it's clearly but it can become a really cool track. Keep it up mate!

Cheers mate, yeah i definetely think i could improve the intro somehow, will be the first thing i do when i next get back to it
Also that sound isnt vocoded its just a normal bass sound iv crushed to make that "Yiy" sound - thats how i'd spell it anyway

Cheers mate, yeah i definetely think i could improve the intro somehow, will be the first thing i do when i next get back to it
Also that sound isnt vocoded its just a normal bass sound iv crushed to make that "Yiy" sound - thats how i'd spell it anyway

Wow that Yiy sounds good - and i was really fooled in believing this was some human voice!

Which proves that I spend too much time in front of my Pc...! :D

Good luck mate, one thing that i would say - and I am sure that you know this as you have been probably producing for much more longer than I: now that you've done the early work, leave for one or two weeks to "mature", and spend days listening to other people's music. Then go back to it, and you will have two very fresh ears to tear your song appart and improve it a bunch!

Regards,
David

yes maan. soundin sik wen it drops. kinda got lyk and old school jungle vibe / jump up vibe to it which i lyk. i reckon the intro cud do with a little work, inparticular the drums. but ye soundin nice as m8. iv got one question for ya! how the hell do u make that "yeooooy" noice. i wud love to no.
big upz on the track, i luk forward to hearin it wen its finishd!!!

www.myspace.com/djlfusion1

showbanner.gif

Well you have a few good ideas goin on there, but your mixdown sounds muffled and , well it just don't cut it. I can see with a good tweak session, you'll get it sorted...can see you were going for a moddy dark intro, but somehow that needs a change to get the right expetancy....bassline and arrangedment are spot on, so don't be discouraged..you are on the right path, you just got more steppin to do ...big up

agreed with more effort spent on the individual elements in the track this could be a good tune, hard work an persistance is the key if your at the early stages of production dont get attached to your projects keep churning them out an you will find it will be easier to gain an understanding on all wat u are using. big up good attempt an lol at the end (salt n pepper riff) :D

yes maan. soundin sik wen it drops. kinda got lyk and old school jungle vibe / jump up vibe to it which i lyk. i reckon the intro cud do with a little work, inparticular the drums. but ye soundin nice as m8. iv got one question for ya! how the hell do u make that "yeooooy" noice. i wud love to no.
big upz on the track, i luk forward to hearin it wen its finishd!!!

www.myspace.com/djlfusion1

showbanner.gif

thanks for all the feedback so far, think im gonna leave it alone for a while and come back to it to improve it,
I made that sound by making a simple "wub" bass sound, then I used a plugin called Distroyer (free on kvraudio) and used the crush knob on that to distort the sound and it makes that YIY noise, im guessing thats how other producers like bluefoot/ modified motion do it

Well you have a few good ideas goin on there, but your mixdown sounds muffled and , well it just don't cut it. I can see with a good tweak session, you'll get it sorted...can see you were going for a moddy dark intro, but somehow that needs a change to get the right expetancy....bassline and arrangedment are spot on, so don't be discouraged..you are on the right path, you just got more steppin to do ...big up

Yeah I think I will give the intro a makeover, with the muffled sounds i assume you mean the clarity of the bass and the drums working together? So basically fiddle with the EQs?

rite well.. basically.. 1st of all i like the drop! sounds quite skankable.. n where the tune changes at 55 seconds i reckon that sounds gd aswell goes well with the first drop! But my complaints r.. the intro sounds too much lyk fuckin infected mushroom or sumin mayb u could keep sum of it but make it a bit more jungley sumhow.. and also the beat.. i lyk it most of the time but i rekon u make it go a bit too mad at lyk 1.37ish lyk it loses the tunes rhythm a bit!! but fair play i like it!

rite well.. basically.. 1st of all i like the drop! sounds quite skankable.. n where the tune changes at 55 seconds i reckon that sounds gd aswell goes well with the first drop! But my complaints r.. the intro sounds too much lyk fuckin infected mushroom or sumin mayb u could keep sum of it but make it a bit more jungley sumhow.. and also the beat.. i lyk it most of the time but i rekon u make it go a bit too mad at lyk 1.37ish lyk it loses the tunes rhythm a bit!! but fair play i like it!

Yes I see what you mean about the beat getting to mad/ overloaded with kicks and snares, shall come back to it in a couple of weeks and modify it.
Any last words of feedback wisdom from anyone????????

Back
Top Bottom