New Track up on Soundcloud-Jump Up/Techy

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Code:Red, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Code:Red

Code:Red Defiant

When i started this tune i never planned on it ending up like this, I find its quite layed back but at the same time got a jump up vibe to it, i don't no...

Track entitled Emerge

Let us no what you think please!

http://soundcloud.com/code-redd

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  2. vicious-beats

vicious-beats Member

Will listen when I get home from football

3. Code:Red

ha, sorry i'm half asleep, long day at work. links up there now!

4. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

hmm... seeems to lack any real progression or 'aim' to me? i can't see it in context, ie i don't see myself raving to it, or hooning around in my car to it?

just thought i should add.. it's because it seems like and intro the whole way through... so this is more a sequencing issue than say a programming issue

5. Code:Red

ye i can see where your coming from, when i get chance i might have another go and editing it and change it slightly

6. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Besides the above, the drums are weak and completely underworked I'd say. Need some more punchy samples/eqing and layers of shuffly bits.

7. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

the first 20 seconds of the intro were fine, that hoovery sound you got after that is ok, i'd loose the drums over that until the roll before the drop, and then the drums definitely need more punch, more hits and more hats.

8. Code:Red

ok thanks for the feedback, only been producing for 2 weeks, and i find getting feedback is the best way for me to improve atm

9. emmeeji

emmeeji DnB = Life Producing 9yrs

I think for just 2 weeks producing, this is a very good attempt. I have to agree it does totally lack direction and has not alot in it to keep you interested. The mixdown sounds a bit tinney, but i think thats due to the "hoovery distorted synth/bass your using. You clearly know the beats, maybe not so the bass...

10. Producr

Producr Producr

I like it you have some good ideas. I'd work at learning eqing, layering, compression, and generally getting a more professional sound.

Musically good, sound quality poor, is what i'd say.

11. Code:Red

Thanks! I need to watch some more videos on youtube though about eqing and compressing because i dont really understand it at the moment, any tips at all to get me going?

12. Producr

Producr Producr

Get yourself something like bluecats freqanalyst (free vst). You can use this to see what frequencies are playing and what needs boosting. Try to get the overall mix sounding full with wide range of frequencies.

13. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

One tip I can give about Fl Studio 8. And this is probably cheating quite a bit, but until you learn how to successfully mixdown, which will take a while, this is a good cheap start!

Once you have your individual tracks layed down, and routed through the mixer, go onto the master channel. Then on the drop down list to the lefthand side there is a section called "mixer presets". Click that, then drag the bit named "general purpose mastering 4" over the mixer and drop. This will then place a basic setting of a parametric eq, multiband compressor and a stereo enhancer on the whole track. It will give you a clearer sound, and help toward the mixdown. However I would strongly suggest not relying entirely on this "preset", and focus on using it to help understand how the mixdown works (which is what I am doing now).

14. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

you dont need any limiters for a good mixdown o_O or even any other fx on your m aster ..

15. GiDriK

GiDriK Lost in jungle

he said until he learns to mixdown.

16. Busdriver

Busdriver Member

Hey buddy,

i'll point out only negative things:

-i guess you don't play any music instrument? you have a real problem puting all your synth "in tune" together, the last chord of your pattern( before it falls down) is really hardcore with the others synth layers; and generally speaking, your chords "colors"are really not my cup of tea. You have the same problem on Serious sound.

-Big mix problem, on the 3 tracks i listened to, there is a mixing problem, there is always a channel overflowing the others.

Resolve this problem as quick as possible, because i think you have some very good ideas but you don't give them a chance.

Keep going!

peace

17. Busdriver

Busdriver Member

Hey buddy,

what i'm saying has nothing to do with time notion, your synth are right in time, but they are not "in tune" with each other, it's an harmonic notion. It's the note you choose on each synth which doesn't fit with the others.

About the mix problem, it's quite simple, you often have a channel overpowered regarding to the others. You need to give more attention to the equilibrium of the volume between each channel.
    Take a look at EQ notion too, you have to define a specific space to each of your sound to avoid them walking on each other, it's all about frequencies.
    Make a search in the production part of this forum, there is a lot of interesting stuff.

Most important, if you have ears, trust them ;)

Peace