New Track - Submission

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by druu, Oct 9, 2009.

1. druu

druu Member

Mostly done but after listening to the master over and over a few times it's still kinda empty. I think I need to make that drop sound more hectic but haven't got it in me at this point! Need some bad influence or something, hehe.

http://soundcloud.com/talon/submission-3

enjoy.

2. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

despite not being a liquid fan, i liked this! really nice mellow jazz vibe to it, quite 'grown up'... and i thought the drop was fine, a 'hectic' drop (in liquid i don't see how that would work anyway?) wouldn't suit the progressive nature of this tune!

3. Code:Red

Code:Red Defiant

i'd say i'm not a big fan of liquid but this sounds pretty amazing to me, sounds very professional! how long have you been producing for?

4. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

wow. i like that bass and drums A LOT. really nice feel to them. the vocal and the "guitar"-thing is just right aswell. but anyhow, i dont feel those intro sounds(mainly the piano). think thats the main weakness atm.

apart from that. good work, sounding good!

5. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I'm really feeling the vibe on this track. I love the flow to it all and I agree that the drops are spot on, I dont think you need to change anything on there.

I could see this track sitting on an album similar to Adam-F's "Colours"

6. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Love your drums, sound top class. Good track man. Really like it.

7. Jali

Jali caffeinated

Silky rhodes sound :)
    The drums are cool too, if I'd be picky maybe there could be some kind of chopped up a bit distorted loop, but on the other hand its good that its not on every tune :)

Apart from that, I'm not able to critisize on anything already in the song. It sound good, i like it. Nice relaxing song.

8. vicious-beats

vicious-beats Member

Love it. Reminds me of John B or something. I'd pay money for it can't say better than that.

9. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

what a wicked looking soundwave....

this competes just as hard as any of my records on my system. i don't think there are any issues with this track whatsoever. the drop is fine, devastating enough. i would LOVE to hear this on some proper bins.

i would buy this.

10. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

what a wicked looking soundwave....

this competes just as hard as any of my records on my system. i don't think there are any issues with this track whatsoever. the drop is fine, devastating enough. i would LOVE to hear this on some proper bins.

i would buy this.

11. druu

druu Member

Wow you guys just made my day! Really motivating to hear these sorts of replies! Huge thanks. :)

12. safety

safety double safety

i liked it. my one criticism was you over used the rhodes. i got slightly fed up of hearing it, even though it had a nice melody. loved the bass when it comes in on the second drop though, that's just what i wanted to happen.

i also think, looking at it from a deejays point of view, that you needed to roll it all out for longer. the potential for doing a good mix with it was sort of lost for having two breakdowns and in general there was down time in the track than actual music to dance to or mix with.

13. druu

druu Member

Thanks mate, I didn't even think of it from a DJ's perspective to be honest! Thanks for the heads up. As for the Rhodes, I could never tire listening to a rhodes. ;) But yes, I guess it's slightly overdone.