New Track Preview (Myspace link)

InfidelUSA

Not expecting too much from this one, figured its a good idea to get feedback on the arrangement for this track. Its something in the vein of Spor i suppose, just came about after experimenting with bass sounds and stabs for a while. I just started producing pretty much so it may take me a while to get anything right.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=479865662
I have posted a 1 minute preview on myspace. Using pretty mediocre speakers for the mixdown, need to get on ebay for those monitors! Thanks :rinsed:

Not sure what you're looking for. You just started producing. You sketched out an idea. That's what it sounds like too. Nothing bad. Need to fill out the drums and put a bit of variation into it.
Keep it up.

I guess i'm just really curious about the whole mixdown, do the drums stand out, does the bass? The riff is too cliche i suppose and really doesn't have the groove I want it to. Acid seems to get freaky when I have a few VSTs loaded, so i was wondering if any sound quality was lost in the resampling process. Thanks for your input.

The kick definately stands out, its pretty decent. I'm not to keen on the snare tho. The bass is decent too, maybe just a bit too raw, you could polish it a bit with some eq and maybe a little reverb on the top layer. You should definately throw in more hats to give the beat a more moving feel. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom