New Track: Indi - 'Farseer'

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
Indi - 'Farseer'

This is pretty much everything I like about drum n' bass in a track. Pretty liquid, mellow harmonies, deep bass, tuff beats and lots of atmosphere. :)
Its on my Myspace account so I'll post a link below.
Please give honest constructive criticism.
Enjoy :mr_cool:

http://www.myspace.com/indidnb

Cheers man. I got it sounding as crisp as i could but I'm shit at mixdowns and mastering, I still think it needs some tweeking. Thanks for the comment though, I'm glad you liked it. (y)

Ez man didn't realise u had started working on tracks. To be as constructive as I can: Beat & synths flow together nicely like the reverse chords & chiming synth in the intro. Drop is sutble but it works smoothly into some very deep & enchanting territories. Only thing I would say needs sorting is the actual main volume of the track but this could be done by someone who can master well but 2 thumbs up man it's coming on nicely.

Yeah mate, I've been learning to use FL Studio for about a year now, but this is my first finished proper tune, I don't know that much about mastering and I made most of it on my laptop and with headphones, hence the shit levels.

Cheers boss, for the kind words. I tried to take all the things I like about dnb and stick them into one tune.
Simplicity is the key, a tune doesn't need big fuckoff breakdowns, buildups, drumrolls, etc, for it to have soul and flow.

Indi said:
Yeah mate, I've been learning to use FL Studio for about a year now, but this is my first finished proper tune, I don't know that much about mastering and I made most of it on my laptop and with headphones, hence the shit levels.

Cheers boss, for the kind words. I tried to take all the things I like about dnb and stick them into one tune.
Simplicity is the key, a tune doesn't need big fuckoff breakdowns, buildups, drumrolls, etc, for it to have soul and flow.

No worries man always hear to help. I think you hit the nail on the head, you don't loads of sounds look at artists like Moving Fusion, Zinc, Mampi Swift they've made huge tunes with minimal sounds they've just made sure everything is big.

sayber said:
I think you hit the nail on the head, you don't loads of sounds look at artists like Moving Fusion, Zinc, Mampi Swift they've made huge tunes with minimal sounds they've just made sure everything is big.

I was thinking more along the lines of Marcus Intalex, Calibre, Deep Blue, Visionary, etc, but yesh, just make sure the sounds are nice and big, well fitting like.
Swings and roundabouts mate :teeth:

finally got around to it.
sounds like a solid tune for somebody whos been at it for such a short time, i guess djing really does help. on the plus side i like the intro and the domen programming is nicely fluent. i could go real detailed but its busy here right now so heres what i think could be better, its lacking
drive and it sounds plain. to fix this id layer the break with itself a couple of times (frequency layers), do the same with the bass and so forth, just texturize (is that a word?) everything. for drive percussions, cymbals, vocal stabs and shit you know the usual trickery its all in the programming.

Back
Top Bottom