New track for feedback please.

I like the ideas in the track and I think it has potential. Reminds me of a mix between Wilkinson and Pendulum.

For me, the drums are too quiet in the mix and there's a lot of audible pumping. I'm listening through headphones and the balance sounds off (have you made sure the lower frequencies are in mono??). It feels like something is swinging around my ears. I like the lead synth and the little plucked thing you've got going on. I don't think the distorted synth at 1.42 fits with the rest of the track though.

Holla at me if you ever finish this :)

Yeah it has some good ideas. I like the vocal but it definitely needs to be louder. The bass does sound a little off. Perhaps reduce the pumping a bit, and like kyba said it seems to have a strange stereo image. I also don't think the bassy stuff at 1:42 really works that well. Cut it out and focus on making everything else really good. Oh and raise the volume of your sub as well as it seems a bit quiet.

Other than that though you got some good sounds going

yeah, I agree with the others above, there is a lot of audible pumping. Could be something to do with your master compression? I like the idea though.

Hi Kyba thanks for the feedback. I agree the drums do sound too quiet on the main drops but the thing is on the drops the song only just avoids clipping so to make the drums louder by raising the volume is there something that I should reduce the volume of or use compression? When you say about audible pumping do you mean its too obvious that the bass pumps and it should be doing so more subtly? I'm using logic pro x btw when you say for lower frequencies to do in mono other than the sub bass are there any others I should put in mono? wasnt sure if had the sub in mono or not so will make sure it is. I will take out those bassy bits around 1.42 they were an idea I had to break the track up a bit but yeh keen to take them out... Thanks man

Hi Mrp thanks for reviewing the track. I think you prob mean by the vocals being louder the part near the drops as they were the quietest vocals. I agree but the reason I had left them was coz I was making them louder using the volume automation but that was turned right to the top so the only way I can think of making them louder is loading up a compressor plugin and turning the gain up. Is there a better way? I can reduce the pumping of the bass no probs. Should the main bass (the pumping one) be in mono as well or stereo? Can make sure the sub is in mono and increase vol. What made you guys detect the mono vs stereo thing coz trying to work out so I can look out for it in future. What are your thoughts on the drums mrp? Thanks man...

Hi ANB thanks for the input. When I was mastering I did use a multipressor and I boosted the volumes of the high to lows, boosting the lows the most. Think I'll re listen before the master and try and detect if the pumpings gone wrong in the master part... Cheers man.

I still think the drums aren't loud enough. The kick and snare should be at the front of the mix a lot more. Just crank them both up and then if you're master out is too high select every channel and bring them all down until your at the level you want to be at. Thats what I've just done on my current project and it worked a treat. It still needed some fine tuning of course but not much.

Back
Top Bottom