NEW TRACK-FEEDBACK WANTED- PEAZ

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Kealhaul, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Kealhaul

Kealhaul Member

2. Kealhaul

Kealhaul Member

3. MisterApe

MisterApe 8bit junkie

I'd definitely cut out the bass around that bit between 1:21 - 1:29, it sounds weird in there.

4. Kealhaul

Kealhaul Member

cheers mate, good advice, ill do that man......cheers for your thoughts. :)

5. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Hey man, definitely love what you're trying to do. This tune, in particular, didn't work for me. Intro sounded nice and trippy, drop just came from nowhere, sub/bass was a bit over-powering in context. Nice ideas with the vocal and the reverb etc. The rhodesy thing could have morphed into something else or cut out for a while.

6. Kealhaul

Kealhaul Member

hearing that. writing stripped back dnb is pretty hard ive found. really like getting feedback. im new on here, didnt think anyone was bothered to be honest. cheers mate. respect. your tracks bang. proper tight. big respect.

- - - Updated - - -

hearing that. writing stripped back dnb is pretty hard ive found. really like getting feedback. im new on here, didnt think anyone was bothered to be honest. cheers mate. respect. your tracks bang. proper tight. big respect.

gonna again take advice off here and morph up the rhodes. already taken misterapes advice and cut out that bass, and it sounds smoother. big ups from the uk

- - - Updated - - -

big thanks to misterape and subprime

7. Kealhaul

Kealhaul Member

8. cele

cele Well-Known Member

First of all I think you have some kind of extreme settings on your stereo effects/Lfos maybe tone that down a bit, the part before the first drop especially makes me feel a bit nauseous with my headphones (I didn't even know I was sensitive to that)
    I also think that the kick doesn't quite fit in with the track, either carve out some of the kicks loudest frequencies in your bass, or sidechain your kick to your bass or if you've done that already maybe change it out.
    Another bit is that at 1:21-1:29 maybe use some fast hihats and instead of lowpassing the break highpass it, I think that would sound a lot better (or just make a little kickroll/snareroll).
    You could also try layering a break over your drums to give the top end some movement, and maybe introduce a little lead melody in the second part of the drop (after 1:29 or something like that) to keep it more interesting.

just a few suggestions

9. Kealhaul

Kealhaul Member

cheers mate.
    i ve been struggling with the 1 21 part...nothing seems to fit.
    intresting to hear it made u feel nauseous at the drop.....tried a few pans and step filters in there, maybe its to much.
    side chaining the kik drum is a good idea.....

Thanks cele