New track - feedback plz - will return favour

yix1337

Hi, I'm kinda new to producing DnB although i have been using fruity loops for a while and have been listening to Dnb for ages, but this is one of the first tracks i have actually made.

its on http://www.myspace.com/djyixloopz

if anyone could leave any feedback on it it would be appreciated.

Im going to totally honest, you need a hell of alot of work.

There doesnt seem to be any noticible drop to the track, it just rolls along with the same drum break, which gets boring really quick. You need to hold off on your main drum break til you want to define the drop.

The bass needs eqing on the frequencies and you need to get some aggression to it, it sounds really thin.
Try this on your bass in FL studio:

1. Resampling the bass/export as a WAV (if its a VST).
2. cloning the pattern and sequencer so you have 2 copies.
3. put each bass sample onto a different mixer channels.
4. eq one so all the bass and low frequencies are gone (using parametric EQ) or you can go advanced with WAVES plugins (if youve got em).
5. eq the other so all the high frequencies are removed.
6. pitch the high frequency bass up by 5-15%.
7. Play them both together!

This should make a real aggressive bass with a phazed movement to it, hope this helps!

Love that spongebob sample tho lol!

Im going to totally honest, you need a hell of alot of work.

There doesnt seem to be any noticible drop to the track, it just rolls along with the same drum break, which gets boring really quick. You need to hold off on your main drum break til you want to define the drop.

The bass needs eqing on the frequencies and you need to get some aggression to it, it sounds really thin.
Try this on your bass in FL studio:

1. Resampling the bass/export as a WAV (if its a VST).
2. cloning the pattern and sequencer so you have 2 copies.
3. put each bass sample onto a different mixer channels.
4. eq one so all the bass and low frequencies are gone (using parametric EQ) or you can go advanced with WAVES plugins (if youve got em).
5. eq the other so all the high frequencies are removed.
6. pitch the high frequency bass up by 5-15%.
7. Play them both together!

This should make a real aggressive bass with a phazed movement to it, hope this helps!

Love that spongebob sample tho lol!

(y)

Back
Top Bottom