New Track, called 666: Number Of Your Child. (Dnb-Darkstep)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by prettyherb, Jan 21, 2011.

1. prettyherb

prettyherb O I

Eepz, check the soundcloud link for the track, and give some feedback if you want.
    I would appreciate it cause it's the first time i'm exploring the hard dnb/darkstep side so...

enjoy :)

http://soundcloud.com/dub-iconics

2. circle six

circle six Member

nice jump up mate. 1.27 to 1.47 is the best part imo

3. Fishy:)

Fishy:) Active Member

4. prettyherb

prettyherb O I

Tnx man. What are the critics about the other parts? It would be nice to improve the track :)

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Tnx fishy :)

5. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

you have some feedback on your soundcloud :)
    apart from these... strange bits that come in... i can see where you're aiming to, and I like how it's going man :)

6. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

not bad but that synth that sounds like super mario totally threw me off and sounds outa place in my opinion. really didn't expect to hear that

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

i think the main synth could also do with a bit of a drop on the mids imo but then i do that with mostly all mine :p

7. prettyherb

prettyherb O I

I've heard that about the mario synths before.. Indeed it's a bit strange. I'll try to end those bars with something else, maybe anothers vocal sample or something...

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

Tnx man. I'll work on it later to change the videogame'sounds :). Maybe some suggestions to replace them?

grtz

8. ilovelondon

ilovelondon Call me Jens.

Easy bruv, good song! Few remarks:

as said, the videogame sample. Don't know whether i'm feeling it or not. Thing you could try is this: try to stretch it out, or cut it and set them apart, pr any other way that you can make it longer, or even use another sample. Someone above (too lazy to scroll for username) said it put him off. Well, you could maybe use that! Your song is uptempo, so is the sample. Up tempo breaks + slower videogame bleeps = more contrast = bigger drop? Try some shit out!

Second: Your vocal samples (out of curiousity, are they all from the sixth sense?) in the beginning blend in a bit too much with the other sounds: bit incomprehensible. Most dark songs have clear vocals, so you can get creeped out by what they're saying if your raving the shit outta yourself and taken too many pills. Gotta adjust the levels a bit to make the vocals pop out a bit more?

Third: the title. Change it mate ;) Do not ever attempt a darker song and have 666 in the title. If you'd have 'The Number Of Your Child' it sounds way darker like Auschwitz kind of shit instead of wannabe metalhead kids that carve 666 in everything they see, lol

Keep it up mate, i'm seeing wicked progress in you.

cheers

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  9. prettyherb

prettyherb O I

Already Changed the title mate, it was just a stupid title, didn't know first how to call it. Workin now on something to replace the mario sounds :)

10. duttymonster

duttymonster deep in the jungle

i like the house track that comes after it

11. prettyherb

prettyherb O I

I'm glad you're feeling that one mate :)