New Track - Atmos-Fear

Surplus

Do this ^^^^^^^^
Forgive me I write when I listen.
Epic intro, The drop is funky and has a great rhythm. The fx carry the first drop but there needs to be some kind of bass change. Possibly, at the end of every four bars a small change and at the the sixteen bar an entire notation change. break down is cool. Drums are cool. Lots of little stuff going on to make it interesting.

Honestly, I think where you are lacking is not necessarily the structure of the track or even your sounds. It is your use of stereo space and how mono every thing sounds. I think you could make better use of your stereo space and can work on your mixing a bit. Nothing drastic.

Overall, your track is fun, funky and enjoyable to listen too.

bass is nice and has depth, drums are crisp- maybe change that drum roll at the end of the 32 bars, switch it up and go with a nice hard fill to break into that atmo
dig it tho fo sho

Thanks guys, yeah i need so give the track a few more edits, good advice on the panning as well IV4, I checked the track and everything is dead centre, so a bit of panning should make the sound a bot more interesting and hopefully unclutter the mix a bit. Really good advice guys, thanks. It's amazing how you miss little things that are really simple.

That intro is really top notch, takes you away! Listened it to the end, liked it. The panning of the perc was also my main moaning point haha.. The FX and all sound really crisp!

as someone else said, the fx are really good. really my only gripe is that from the first drop to the second is far too long.
more variation in there and it could really be interesting, but it can't be that long with so little change (in my opinion).
on the second breakdown it actually felt like it was gonna turn into a freeform/hardcore tune, i'd like to have maybe heard it use the trancey riff from that breakdown after the drop, it could sound big if done properly.
all the basics sound good, your percussion is sounding solid (in my headphones, granted), the bass is good. i'm just not convinced there's nearly eight minutes there without a few changes.
on the plus side, the changes you make (if you want to of course) will only need to be on the creative side rather than the mixing side.
the biggest compliment i can give is that i was listening to a track, not a track someone made and wanted feedback on. if someone played me two minutes of that, i'd just assume it had been released.

Mate thanks Chakan that some really good feedback and thanks for the campmate. I;m revisiting this track and trying to create some more interest using some drum and bass edits, modulation, filters etc, not quite got it perfect but think the track has potential. Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom