New Track (after a long time...)

i'm really digging the intro. Main part is also nice, but i don't know what's missing, it could be a bit more exciting.
Also the roll before the drop sounds too loud on my headphones.

But really digging this tune in general, keep it going mate

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, Mmixdown is one of my problems since i'm working only with headphones. ;o) ...and yes. I think i really have to bring more excitement to the main part. But generally im struggling with that too.

It's mostly cuz there's a good bass (more of a sub i mean) missing.
Split your main bass (that reese). Cut the subs of that, layer a sine way that follows the notes of the reese and it should already be better. And drop that sub in with the drop, so it has a little more impact now the drop feels a bit weak.

One thing I would say for sure is that you've got some really great ideas with this. The riff from the bassline is pretty cool, and the way it goes into pretty uplifting base note of chords is nice. Love the percussion in the breakdown. There are some things you might one to add though. First of the extra percussion added around the 2nd half of the drop (some shaker, hat or tamborine) is a little too mechanical and loud. the snare can be proccessed further, with some more distortion and more layering. if its pitched a little higher it might sound more interesting, unless you want it to stay a little more dry and clean. the kick needs to comet through a little more, unless you wanted it the way it is. the bass needs a sub layer, as mentioned above. For more energy, try adding a ride with some nice tail, or add a crash. I sometimes highpass a bit of white noise and layer it with the snare to fill up the mix. reverb is always nice, but make sure it all gets sent to only a few instances.

Personally, the bass works, but i'd make it more brutal. maybe create some interesting modulation in it. definitely more distortion though.

generally well done though.

I would recommend probably layering a mid-range synth with a quicker melody inbetween to make it a bit more fast paced, and possibly lowering some of the percussion a bit, but nice ideas!

One thing I would say for sure is that you've got some really great ideas with this. The riff from the bassline is pretty cool, and the way it goes into pretty uplifting base note of chords is nice. Love the percussion in the breakdown. There are some things you might one to add though. First of the extra percussion added around the 2nd half of the drop (some shaker, hat or tamborine) is a little too mechanical and loud. the snare can be proccessed further, with some more distortion and more layering. if its pitched a little higher it might sound more interesting, unless you want it to stay a little more dry and clean. the kick needs to comet through a little more, unless you wanted it the way it is. the bass needs a sub layer, as mentioned above. For more energy, try adding a ride with some nice tail, or add a crash. I sometimes highpass a bit of white noise and layer it with the snare to fill up the mix. reverb is always nice, but make sure it all gets sent to only a few instances.

Personally, the bass works, but i'd make it more brutal. maybe create some interesting modulation in it. definitely more distortion though.

generally well done though.

thanks a lot for this useful comments. i will definitly try the things you recommended.

i already layered the bass with a pure sine sub. so i think i have to rework this.

many thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

I would recommend probably layering a mid-range synth with a quicker melody inbetween to make it a bit more fast paced, and possibly lowering some of the percussion a bit, but nice ideas!

also will try this. could help to make things more interssting...

i already layered the bass with a pure sine sub. so i think i have to rework this.

I do hear it, but some notes just to sound 'clean enough'
Are all the notes in the same octave? No phasing going on? Stuff like that...

And I agree with George's suggestions, some good ideas there

Back
Top Bottom