New Toons

Countach

i first listened to this a few days ago and at the time i wasnt really feeling it... but im listening again now and it's don!! love that break at 23 seconds... nice atmospheric noise starting at 39 secs (freeagent see what i mean?) The mix so far seems to be really nice.. the breaks sound a little loud but maybe you wanted that. The bassline is pretty good... like the little portamento bit at the end of the phrase - nice touch. i think around 2:38 the mix kinda becomes a little hectic, it's hard to know what to listen to as everything is fighting for your attention. Sorts itself out by 3:10 though :shades:

The overall mixdown is alright... frequency content is fine (as you would expect with freefilter :P), but the levels could use a little work (this is where freefilter doesnt help you).

8/10

Affliction said:
Countach

i first listened to this a few days ago and at the time i wasnt really feeling it... but im listening again now and it's don!! love that break at 23 seconds... nice atmospheric noise starting at 39 secs (freeagent see what i mean?) The mix so far seems to be really nice.. the breaks sound a little loud but maybe you wanted that. The bassline is pretty good... like the little portamento bit at the end of the phrase - nice touch. i think around 2:38 the mix kinda becomes a little hectic, it's hard to know what to listen to as everything is fighting for your attention. Sorts itself out by 3:10 though :shades:

The overall mixdown is alright... frequency content is fine (as you would expect with freefilter :P), but the levels could use a little work (this is where freefilter doesnt help you).

8/10

cheers for listening bro

as a matter of interest what did you feel needed reworking levels wise ?

Not sure what I am listening for at 39 seconds?!?

This tune has some potential. I like the little wah-wah guitar line, and the bassline comes in at just the right time after a good drop, with some interesting changes soon after. Nice drum edits, too. I like how the tune keeps it fresh without losing the listener.

I don't really care for the breaks together, especially how that tech snare sticks out on the fourth count of each bar - it sounds like the gallop created by a dj mixing two records with staggered breaks. Affliction is right that there is too much going on at a few points. The high-end could come out a bit more, as it really comes from nowhere when the sweep pad comes in. Level-wise the drums are sounding pretty good - maybe bring the bass up, add a notch of eq to the 60-250 hz region, as it is mostly sub-bass.

Good work!

Back
Top Bottom