New to the forums.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by STΞRΞO.NΞT, Jun 29, 2014.

1. STΞRΞO.NΞT

STΞRΞO.NΞT Member

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself real quick.

I'm a second year mechanical engineering student, and picked up producing to challenge myself to learn something new. Also because I became a huge fan of the music many years ago.

I am still learning a lot, focusing on music theory more as of late, and always looking for new things to learn and apply to the tracks I produce. I love drum and bass, and find myself leaning to a lot of the genre's aspects when starting a track. However I generally don't work in the same tempo as most d&b tracks, like my last project which was at 96 BPM.

But anyways, just wanted to say hello, and I can't wait to discus ideas and learn from you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

Hello there, mate! Welcome to the forum!

And a 96bpm track can still have a 192bpm breakbeat into it (more of a breakcore feel than dnb, but still). Looking foward to listen to you songs!

3. STΞRΞO.NΞT

STΞRΞO.NΞT Member

Thanks man. I haven't heard of breakcore. I'll have to check it out, any recommendations on artists to look up?

STΞRΞO.NΞT

Check out my tracks on soundcloud @ https://soundcloud.com/stereo_net

4. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

Venetian Snares and Distimia (last one from russia) are my favorites. But also End.User.

5. STΞRΞO.NΞT

STΞRΞO.NΞT Member

That was awesome. Listened to Distimia while I was driving and loved it. Reminded me a bit of 65Daysofstatic, which I used to listen to a lot years ago. Definitely want to try my hand at some of the aspects in my next track. Thank you and I will be sure to check out the rest as soon as I get a chance.

STΞRΞO.NΞT

Check out my tracks on soundcloud @ https://soundcloud.com/stereo_net