New to the forum! [Tune] Refracture - Take Off

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Refracture, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Refracture

Refracture New Member

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  2. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

really like the half time drums on the intro... pretty triphop.

you definatly got the basis for something good in this tune, but personally for me, the beat was a bit flat, needs more life to it you know?

really like the template u got here for a tune tho.

3. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

oh and welcome to the forums mate! that tune cascade is pretty wicked

4. Refracture

Refracture New Member

Hey man, thanks for listening! Yeh I agree, could do with a bit more drums going on couldnt it. Maybe add a subtle layer of another drum pattern or something u reckon?

Thanks for the welcome, glad you like the tune :)

5. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

the kick has enough punch, but the snare is a bit too weak, so i would put a seperate short snare that has a good low end punch to it to make the snare fatter and less flimsy...

i would fill out the rest of the beat with some nice short bongo/percussion bits just to make it fuller aswell

thats just wot i would do tho mate!

6. Refracture

Refracture New Member

Oh yeh, even so though dude, its always helpful to hear other peoples opinions ^^.

Ive already added some more perc and made the snare punchier so will update u all v soon!

7. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I actually like the minimalistic drumloop. I'm always overcomplicating my loops, but sometimes I think the minimal style like what you have there brings more atmosphere to the track, it lets the listener hear whats going on underneath the drums, with pads and sweeps etc.

I agree that the snare needs fattening a little, but everything else I quite like.

8. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

i think the snare is nice for the intro, but the drop deffo needs some beefing up. yeh another snare wouldnt hurt @ the drop. yeh man not sounding tooo bad :D

9. Refracture

Refracture New Member

yeh some good advice there lads, but glad to hear you're diggin' it overall :)

I've updated it and will upload new version with variations/new snare tonight

thanks
    paul

10. Zeal

Zeal Ohm/C2D/Dark Asylum/Ennex

locked............

bass is big, drums do sound pretty basic tho. almost sounds like kick drum hats thats it.

needs soem more layers to them to thicken them up

snare also sounds too compressed

jus needs some more elements to it really dude, more layers on drums, more fx and such to thicken the tune out

You can tell you make music cos the sound isnt bad at all really, just listen to lots of dnb in a style you like to make to get an idea of what ur tunage needs to stand up :)

11. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

good tune (y) i dunno much about the details of production, but this sounds ok!

12. Refracture

Refracture New Member

Hey guys, thanks for all your comments! I've been working on it a bit today and made some changes, made it a bit more of a liquid tune because it had that feel to it i think. also added some subtle 'thickness' to the drums and another layer on the snare aswell as some fx and atmosphere:

http://soundcloud.com/refracture/refracture-take-off-1-1