DnB New to the D&B Genre - First track

Like others have said, lose that euphoric synth. Drum and bass is all about the grittyness, dirt and darkness, as opposed to the happiness and light.

Thanks for the feedback guys, it seems to be unanimous.

I'll be the first to admit I'm struggling to lose the cleanliness that comes with prog/trance. But I guess at least I know what I'm doing wrong!

Cheers,

Like others have said, lose that euphoric synth. Drum and bass is all about the grittyness, dirt and darkness, as opposed to the happiness and light.

Can t agree with you, Sorry. It's all about personal taste. Ofc i like the darker tunes in Minor keys but there are some major key tunes that are incredible :)

NICE ONE for a first track ! :)

The choice of melodic/harmonic ideas don't seem to fit with liquid style drums but yeah i wouldn't throw it in trash just extract the ideas that fit more with house style drums and try programming a bass first for the liquid drums, if you make a trance/house style lead there is not going to be much room for a bass that really grooves, as trance and house tend to be about a really big euphoric lead.

contrary to what some people have said I think the vibe of this song is strong.

i can hear changes I would make in arrangement and just certain things id do but that will all come to you in time.

great track.

Cheers guys, maybe being slightly cross-genre isn't such a bad thing.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the mixing/mastering in the tracks. Listening back to this revision the bass sounds too clean and doesn't glue with the kick

Glad some of you like it anyway!

:)

drum and bass is whatever u want it to be, its not jsut grittiness and dirtiness, this is plain and simply more liquidy than the usual hard stuff, not all dnb is reeses with an irratic filter going on and off, i enjoyed it with the trancy edge ! props to u bro

Back
Top Bottom