New to Production

SubData

Whats up people,

My partner and I are new to production and have many questions. I guess the biggest one would be the final mixdown of mastering. Do all of you do your mastering in house or do you send it out for mastering(outsourcing). If so, what are the costs involved in mastering? Also, if we can do it ourselves do you have any reading material suggestions and devices(soft or hard). I appreciate the input. Big ups............

SubData

I attempt to master myself, but I don't really have much knowledge to give. I'm sure someone else will be able to help out :)

vintage warmer for mastering

alrite mate, i think that when a tune has been sent off to a label it is up to them to master it, i usually have a go at it myself by using a plug in called the vintage warmer made by PSP, i think that this plug in gives the sound so much more depth and power.
check out www.myspace.com/generaldissarayct5 for examples of the vintage warmer with my tunes
take it ez
ben

i looked into mastering houses, found a good one in germany i dont remember at all what it was called but i seem to remember prices around 400 euros, and they keep working on the sound till youre satisified with the sound. never did send them anything, just bothered them for a few months and spent all my money on something else.

Back
Top Bottom