New to production need midi controller and sound card for under £500 for both?

Snipaz

Ello Peeps, im new to all this production lark, got a few pocket fulls to burn so was wondering. what sound card for under £250 you would get and likewise a midi controller for under £250 also, ive been told Terratec or summin like that but they all look pants ( ie cheap as hell ) i want quality from the start

any help would be massive :boxing:

thats a lot of money to spend but get a soundcard with lots of analog ins and outs, a desk to run them into and a controller with 2 octaves on it, less you feel you need more of course. you can do this for about 100 less than you even intended to spend

for £250 theres a few really good keyboards you can get.... the Akai MPK49 is one worth looking at... also theres the M-audio Axiom (which is a fair bit cheaper)

as for soundcards, theres loads of brands to look at.... Terratec doesnt exactly spriong to mind....... Edirol/Roland, M-audio, Presonus, Tapco/Mackie are a few of the top of my head worth looking at....... you should probably ask gordo though.... he seems to have much knowledge in this area ;)

you should check out the edirol ua-25 interface. its pretty decent, imo one of the best interfaces in that pricerange. midicontroller: the novation remote sl is worth a look (a bit pricey but solid as fuck, and i love that automap feature)

you should check out the edirol ua-25 interface. its pretty decent, imo one of the best interfaces in that pricerange. midicontroller: the novation remote sl is worth a look (a bit pricey but solid as fuck, and i love that automap feature)

----------------------------
€dit: make up your mind about what you expect from your gear.
usb or firewire interface? do you need multiple i/o's? do you want to record stuff with a mic (therefore needing a decent preamp)? should it be portable (psu or usb powered)?

2,4, 6 or 8 octaves on your keyboard? how many/which kind of controllers would you like (knobs, faders, drumpads)

just try to avoid buying stuff you dont need/stuff that doesnot fit you. saves lots of money.:)

Back
Top Bottom