New To MC.

CraigW

Ok.. So i wanna get into MC, i can toung twist and stuff, but i cant seem to get my head around to writting my own lyrics, i have been trying to days, and just cant get anything!

I dont know what name to have.. but im kind of going along the lines of MC Phaser.

Anybody help me write some lyrics or help me just to get started?

Thanks in advanced guys and girls (y).

Edit:

If this is the wrong place to put the topic, can a mod or admin please move it?

do you not have a life to talk about??

dont you have thoughts or feelings?!

i dont think ul make a great MC without having anything to talk about my friend!

heavy like a wah!
my own lyrics? nah!!

haha!
mate, ur gonna have to write ur own lyrics if u ever aspire to be an mc
listen to some hip hop or something, get inspired but dont teeth others lyrics

Learn to get the crowd going.

Write a few profound lines.

Worry a bit but then realize that no one can hear what the hell you are saying most of the time anyway.

Ok.. So i wanna get into MC, i can toung twist and stuff, but i cant seem to get my head around to writting my own lyrics, i have been trying to days, and just cant get anything!

I dont know what name to have.. but im kind of going along the lines of MC Phaser.

Anybody help me write some lyrics or help me just to get started?

Thanks in advanced guys and girls (y).

Edit:

If this is the wrong place to put the topic, can a mod or admin please move it?

just listen to decent mc's for inspiration,

ill write your first lyric for you ,

up in the game ,
blaze you with my name,
anybody wanna come on an then get to,
kick it thru the roof like tenchu,
gotta bench press stress on 1s n 2's
shoulda woulda coulda bin flippin scripts ina hollywood
but a got caught in the blood sports,short a jd's corse,
blaze n spray fumes exhaust force knockin down ya fuckin doooooooooors .. RAWWW

just write bollox like that, shout it like you mean it , and youll be badboy, also fingering your arsehole on MSN worked for mc Spitfire, dunno if you wanna take that leaf or not

seriously tho, just listen to other mcs, write alot and work alot, and be original, have your little catchphrases and slogans and smoke bare green , get mi ?

mate... i suggest listening to some hip hop for inspiration, see how they actually tell a story, rather than just go double time all the time and making them sound like a channel 4 races commentator!

going on about 'wips, being bad and other mc's being a joke' is crap mc.ing unless doen very well...

and learn when to shut up (ie over the top of a sick mix or during a breakdown), listen to your favorite tunes to get the melody and flow of rhymes once pened... do your homework on the tunes so you know what to expect when it gets dropped...

on top of what has been said, learn tracks by heart nothing looks more stupid than when a mc starts going sick on a breakdown because he thought it was going to be another drop.

PFM feat. MC Conrad - The western. I heard this tune a hundred times and it still flashing me, and i still dont know what hes sayin all in detail, i would disturb my brain from the flow and perfect match of the the tune and vocals sound. The original version was without vocals, but conrad vocals just make this a legendary unique dnb tune.

Doenst help u :) ? Just want to say i dont pay any attentino or think it is important what a MC is sayin as long it sound good in the arrangement. Dont think too much about what u "have" to say. Its only music and 99% no one will notice

PFM feat. MC Conrad - The western. I heard this tune a hundred times and it still flashing me, and i still dont know what hes sayin all in detail, i would disturb my brain from the flow and perfect match of the the tune and vocals sound. The original version was without vocals, but conrad vocals just make this a legendary unique dnb tune.

Doenst help u :) ? Just want to say i dont pay any attentino or think it is important what a MC is sayin as long it sound good in the arrangement. Dont think too much about what u "have" to say. Its only music and 99% no one will notice

OH MY GOD TELL ME THAT HAD A SARCASTIC UNDERTONE FFFFFFSFSFFSFFSFSFSFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Take note from the master!!

watch

:notworthy:

the fact hes a MC but calls himself a DJ is only a minor implication...

lol :D ok to explain, im not native speakin english and really dont give much about what people say/sing in a tune and i doubt anybody will remember what a MC was telling in club last night. I read a book if i want to broaden my knowledge, music is relaxing and thats why i like dnb so much, cuase its 95% without stupid vocals telling nothing i didnt know before like every kiddie hip hop song. The vocals are simply the fact i cant hear such music!

But i respect ur relation to vocals and the "meaning" they may have for u, and for a non native english its way easier to blind it out.

All fine? ;)

well if its the language barrier thats affecting you understanding mc's then ok, i thought you were basically saying fuck it just garble any old thing down the mic so long as it ryhmes.

were are you from mate?

i studied physics in germany so i think i can say my technical english is pretty well. But like u would have learned german and hear to german hip hop, u wouldnt understand too much without dictionary because the nature of building rhymes includes a lot foreign words. And often MCs chop single words or use dialects. I understand 70% what story Conrad is tellin in Western, but actually im not interested in. Well sung tunes like "live and let die" "jesus to a child" i understand and know by rote :D

But maybe im completely wrong and this is just my perception of vocals in music. But imagine a MC would use jokes in rhymes, the crowd would be pretty distracted from the music, also if he talks about political stuff etc. So u have to find a balance between lyrics making u look like an idiot and highly serious thoughts. This balance is general neutral unintersting sketchily things u hear in every pop folk song. Commonplace, love, .... And thats why i personally and probably most other dont take care of the meaning of lyrics in general. Even if i sing a tune by rote in the shower i dont concentrate on its content, is it funny, logical, sad etc...? Also something u know maybe from learning for school, i can concentrate better on content of a book while NOT hearing to music and viceversa. Humans are no multi tasking bots. I just sing the words like vocal noises.

Dont understand me wrong, i think vocals are a pretty good "instrument" in a tune, but not its content, the pitch, the arrangement of it much more important. Im thinkin on this at the time and how to use vocals in dnb. Often there a female samples used like in "inner city life" or raidens "fallin" which have a pretty nice impact on the overall tune.

And probably u have to differ here between MCing in Hip Hop and DnB? Fast DnB with complex drum patterns takes much more concentration as a slow hip hop kick snare kick snare tune. There u can concentrate more and probably ur brain does on the lyrics and its content itself. My feets want to dance when hearing DnB, hearing Hip Hop u are more inclined to sing.

I will quit it here :) u see using lyrics in music may not be so self-evident as it looks. But there are reasons why lyrics are not often used in dnb. Just thought on aphex twin girl/boy song, the drum pattern is so complex and fast making it impossible to match it with any kind of vocals. If u decide to put in vocals in a tune, u have to regard this already at the beginning of the production.

have to search now some nice female samples and experiment with it. sry i got a bit OT producing music is more complex than fucking quantum theory :) whished u could just learn it by reading a book...:uberlaugh

Back
Top Bottom