New to drum & bass? Want us to recommend you some tunes??? PLEASE READ!

Voyaging

I'm fairly new to DnB. I saw a recommendation for Murderbot - More Guns and I was very skeptical because jungle doesn't appeal to me, but it is probably the best DnB track I've yet heard.

I tend to much prefer high-energy DnB but am not restrictive on genre. The combination of complexity (especially in percussion), very clever high-energy bass lines, and overall creativity really blew me away in the above track. I don't necessarily prefer jungle by any means (maybe I do, I haven't heard enough), but I'm basically looking for more "good" music like the above. Creativity, complexity, subtlety, and hard-hitting energy are what I'm especially looking for.

Cyclone82

I always thought it would be good if there was some sort of DNB sampler available that show cased all the different sub genres, that you could play to friends to get them into it because its so varied when you think about. They either say DNB is sh*t and it all sounds the same or you cant get them to expand further than Pendulum - Hold Your Colour or Roni Size Reprezent -In The Mode

Catsel

Well☣Known Dismember
VIP Junglist
I always thought it would be good if there was some sort of DNB samper available that show cased all the different sub genres, that you could play to friends to get them into it because its so varied when you think about. They either say DNB is sh*t and it all sounds the same or you cant get them to expand further than Pendulum - Hold Your Colour or Roni Size Reprezent -In The Mode
when they grow up.. then they'll understand the scene.

not sure what you mean by 'samper' but it would be nice if something along those lines existed.. theres some cool playlists on that viromusic website.. get ur mates onto that.

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
I always thought it would be good if there was some sort of DNB sampler available that show cased all the different sub genres, that you could play to friends to get them into it because its so varied when you think about. They either say DNB is sh*t and it all sounds the same or you cant get them to expand further than Pendulum - Hold Your Colour or Roni Size Reprezent -In The Mode
take them to a rave

Mimical

shaolin monk
Re: New to drum & bass? Want us to recommend you some tunes??? PLEASE READ!

not new to dnb, but thanks for the suggestions big ups

- - - Updated - - -

not new to dnb, but thanks for the suggestions big ups

I'm new to dnb and I'm looking for some good melodic stuff for learning purposes aswell as enjoyment. I want inspiring stuff that will help along my producing.;)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Can someone spare a handful of recommendations? I'm listening to Fanu quite a bit ... enjoying the broken beat, Amen Break stuff.

EDIT: Since I can't be the only one looking for this sort of thing, I'll list similar artists that I find on my own, for two purposes; one, if anyone else happens to have latched onto the sound of one of these guys, this post can offer some additional listening; two, if anyone sees someone here they're familiar with, and can recommend another similar artist/album, feel free to say so. The list below consists entirely of albums, as I do not really enjoy listening to single tracks or collections of just a few tracks.

Fanu - Daylightless, Serendipity, Homefree
Fanu & Bill Laswell - Lodge
macc & dgoHn - Some Shit Saaink
Source Direct - Exorcise the Demons
Eschaton - Supernova
Nic TVG - Then I Disappear
Breakage - This Too Shall Pass
Paradox - The Musician as Outsider, What They Don't Know, Ramifications
Alaska - The Mesozoic Era, Arctic Foundations

Last edited:

boo131

Re: New to drum & bass? Want us to recommend you some tunes??? PLEASE READ!

The Compilations that got me into dnb many years ago after just liking pendulum because i thought they were actually playing the music live, then realising how it was all done it was more the bass side of things. Heavy atmospheric and tunes that just couldnt b appreciated on a rubbish system or poor headphones. All the Dj Dara compilations (future perfect etc.) Hospital Mix Six (Cyantific) All of Breaks stuff, Slow down especially. St. Files moods was another good one. Just seach on one of them and crawls througgh the related results you will have a playlist in no time.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, this is my first post, so I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section.

I'm looking to mixes very similar to this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW5P9TqgSOQ

Can anyone lend me a hand in finding artists who produce similar sounding tracks?

Thanks.
Alright mate, Check out this mix. The drop at 26.41 is killer I was just going to post that song but you can crawl through the rest of the mix its good. All of Noisias stuff is good. I prefer to make a playlist of the individual songs you get much better quality this way and its the full song so you can fully appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeh if you want something more chilled but deep n dirty you wanna b listening to Icicle, Spectrasoul, Break... Loads more. Heres a mix of that stuff mate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rudu4AJGDQk

- - - Updated - - -

That first mix is this one sorry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SHOQlR6iso

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SHOQlR6iso